Ducati Uk Track Days

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by baylissboy, Jan 12, 2024.

1. Anyone got the dates of Ducati UK 2024 track days please?

2. Not been announced yet as Silverstone not doing bike trackdays this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. £255 per track day. Andy

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Booked, see how the PP gets round the track

• Like Like x 1
  5. Based on the write up from one of the earlier tests, you might find the quick changes of direction might need a bit of muscle but Donington is mostly quite open and flowing. Should be fun. Andy

6. I'll bung some supercorsa's on it, should be fine.

7. Metzeler Racetec RRs, a much better tyre IMO :joy: I was looking forward to getting my 1200 track Multistrada out but the dates just don’t fall right for me :( Andy

• Like Like x 1
  8. April at Donny is a bit of a risk. Could be warm sunshine, could be snowing.:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. No chance Donington in April , be too cold

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Yep, take no chances down Craners with a too cool front tyre/track… I love Craners but it’s a tad arse twitchy even under perfect conditions… :astonished:

Lose it down there and your bike’s toast… :skull::scream:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I've seen it many times

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. I've just booked September one :upyeah::upyeah::motorcycleduc::motorcycleduc:

13. I had a gearbox oil seal give up while I was going there years ago on a GSXR1000, oil went all over the rear tyre and foot pegs, managed to stay on but went straight across the track at bottom after the grass. Arse went way past the twitchy stage.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. very true! I wonder how many on this forum are members of the craners club;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Can I ask a question about leather, ya all racing people? I've done few trackdays outside the UK, where the rules were somewhat relaxed. Can I do track days with two-piece leathers zipped together all around (not just 10cm at the back)?
    Anyone on Multi found the leather jacket fitting weird on elbows, due to the different seating posture SS to Multi? I kind of imagine the hands being more straight on Multi. I didn't think this is worth a new topic on forum...
    Ta

16. Yes to 2 piece with a full zip
    If you have a very sporty cut jacket then the arm is designed for a sports bike with bent arms. I don't find my jackets feel unduly odd when on the multi, they were all bought when all I had was sports bikes. But it will be different for each brand I guess

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Interesting question re leathers. I had an RST race suite and a two piece sporty road suit of the same brand. On one track day I wore the one piece in the morning and the two piece in the afternoon, so back to back comparison. I could not believe how much more restricted I felt moving around the bike in the two piece. The difference was stark. Since then I wear the right suit for the job.
    Edit. This was on a Daytona 675

#18 Expat Jack, Jan 19, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. I want to go on one of the race bikes, but they don’t like rain and cold. :sob:

Can they really not find a spare week day in July or August?

19. Probably not allowed un-silenced days in the school holidays in case somebody moans about the noise of the bikes go round and round next to the very noisy airport

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information