V4 Dynamic Suspension Setting

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Android853sp, Oct 18, 2018.

1. For me, the suspension setting on both the V4s I have ridden was too firm so my first task before riding mine tomorrow is to get to grips with the adjustment menu. I’m happy to stick with Dynamic but I’m definitely going to change the setting to the Comfort end of the adjustment. As far as I can see from the owner’s handbook, you can adjust between 0 (stock setting) and -5 (softest) so before I take a punt at a start point, what experience (if any) have others who have racked up a few miles got of adjusting their suspension ? TIA, Andy

2. The consensus (at least on the early ones) is the front is too soft and the rear too hard. That's what it felt like to me as well. (Disclaimer: I'm useless at suspension - I just know when its easier or harder to go round corners when an expert tells me what to change on the settings. Electronic suspension is wonderful for letting you change stuff fast, and change it back fast if you screw up.)

FWIW, for my weight which is about 15 stone with gear on, I ended up with 6 full turns of preload on the front, and backed off 1.5 turns on the rear.

Then in fixed mode I'm Comp 8, Reb 5 at the front and Comp 15, Reb 7 at the rear. This was done in conjunction with Dave Moss, monitoring tyre wear as improvements were made.

On track and on the road this greatly improved the ability to turn and hold a line and stopped me being pinged out of the saddle on any bumpy surface. This might be too stiff for your weight and style. It works for me as I don't mind a firmer ride, especially if I can make it round a bend without hitting a gravel trap or bus stop.

I've found a similar feeling on dynamic, but I don't have the figures on my computer. Will post again later.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Pretty much like any Ducati ever shipped.

What’s it like working with the internet suspension guru Dave moss?

4. Going to be tracking my 2018 V4S this year for the first time before I take it to Aragon in September and I want to try and get some baseline settings for a start point if anyone has any for an 85kg rider?

Does anyone know what the static sag should be?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information