V2 Engine Covers

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by aviating cud, Apr 12, 2022.

1. I’ve read somewhere that to fit engine protection covers the bodywork has to be modified. Can someone please elaborate and possibly post a photo too. Thanks

2. It it’s the same as the 959 then the plastic shroud on the right upper of clutch cover has to come off. Around 12:00 - 16:00 hours as you need access to both bolt holes. I could not get the lower back most fairing hole on rhs (down by exhaust -1299 lowers) to line up but just used a zip tie as it was a track bike.
    E693BC7C-715A-48C8-A2F3-635ECEB35EA1.jpeg B555EA7C-BC37-49FE-86B0-A1A344BBF1E1.jpeg

FBDC924C-2A44-4DCA-92C9-35F37B9D4921.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  3. That’s great thanks. So probably no good with road fairings but ok with the track fairings?

4. Clutch side is fine with road fairings. It looks better without the bit of plastic anyway.
    Generator side could be made to fit with road fairings with the aid of a dremmel on the protector, not the fairings obvs.

Edit. Regardless anything looks better than those Ducabike things o_O

6. Yeah, I have to agree with you on the ducabike. Some of their stuff is naff.

7. Just make sure the cover is going to do its job which is preventing the road grinding the magnesium OEM ones away. I like Woodcraft or any of the solid alloy ones. I have GB racing but the jury is out on how many falls they will survive.

8. Spider make some great looking engine covers. I have them on my V4s

9. The spider stuff was what I was going to get, and there is an official Ducati protector I think, probably made by Rizoma. The GB Racing covers require you to remove the plastic trim around the top right edge I think (which race bikes don't have anyway). I could be wrong though, been a while since I was looking.

Those Ducabike covers... disgusting

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. The RG stuff looks terrible too.

11. but serves a purpose at a price.

12. True. It’ll do the job. I just think with the aesthetic of these bikes, chucking a puck of plastic over the casings isn’t exactly pleasing to the eye, though.

13. Track bike. Who cares?

14. Woodcraft all the way for practicality, When I damage my GB's it will be them for sure. In the end aesthetics are personal but you need something to protect the clutch cover as I have ground through a naked one easily on a slow lowside. When I do my dry conversion I'll be going thick alloy sliders of some sort, also I really don't get clear clutch covers- why do they exist??

15. For the US market I think. I would like to say I got my bike used with the one pictured fitted. First job I did was to remove it and sell on eBay.
    Woodcraft kit not readily available in the uk.

16. For clutch side, it'll be fine for road fairings, other side is more tricky. I think the spider ones fit without modification, but main brands don't (R&G, GB racing etc). I had to cut A LOT to get the R&G one to fit.

#16 JamieW, Apr 14, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  17. Thanks Jamie. Got my first trackday on the v2 in July so trying to get some bits sorted. Still need a track fairing but haven’t seen one for sale recently.

18. I fitted the R&G Race covers, and the Ducati performance race fearing kit. I can confirm it has to be cut a bit on both sides. No big deal, but nothing for a looker. BTW, the Ducati fearing is just the same as the standard, but no paint...

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information