1299 Engine Light And Message

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Serkta, Feb 27, 2023.

1. Hi, not used the bike massively but have kept on trickle and started regularly.

Went for a run all good got home and turned off and it didn't sound right (something clonked). Used it again a couple of days later and it didn't want to start, sounded off like timing or the likes (I am no mechanic) engine light came on but disappeared as it warmed up. Lost power and it conked out. Started again and got it home. Looked on the internet for possible issues but couldn't find much. Got back on it and it started no errors so went for 60 mile round trip to get my MOT done (passed with flying colours).

Went to go out again a couple of days later and although it started fine and sounded fine I got this screen. Any advice greatly received about how to resolve this (I am a long way from anyone who can do a diagnostic plug in and have no way of transporting). Cheers Uh oh.jpg

Uh oh.jpg

#1 Serkta, Feb 27, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
  2. Thanks for the response. I am about 45 miles away from Moto Rapido so maybe a bit far out. Possibly a stupid question, do you think it would be ok to ride?

3. You can rule out most of the potential problems because the bike starts and runs. My only concern about riding it is, it could strand you mid journey when the problem ceases to be intermittent and becomes a failure. Talk to Andy at MR, he is knowledgeable and you never know, they may do a pick up for a smallish fee. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Good news, a mate has a van and we took it to PG Performance (superb service) Thursday and a scan was done. Turned out to be a map sensor, which was replaced the next day and I have my baby back again. Suspected slightly dodgy spark plug but as it is likely to be the front one it can wait for the Desmo service when the radiator will come off anyway.

Many thanks for the support, much appreciated

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information