Engine Stand For 1995 900ss

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by 848dude, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Hi there
    I'm in the process of stripping and rebuilding my 1995 900ss and I'm looking for some type of stand to support the engine while it's out of the frame. Any suggestions please?
    Thanks

2. If you're after fabricating one here's a drawing of one I got made up. It's pretty basic but have used it loads of times now and it does the job for me :upyeah:
    SS engine stand drawing.jpg
    CIMG0776.JPG

Engine can be fixed as shown above or through the bottom casing hole when the engine's in the frame, you could add a front prop but I've found different height wooden blocks ideal especially when you want to flip the motor over to get to the underside...

Ian.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Here are some other designs

Ducati engine stand 2.jpg Ducati engine stand 3.jpg Ducati engine stand 4.jpg Ducati engine stand 5.jpg Ducati engine stand 6.jpg Ducati engine stand 7.jpg Ducati engine stand 8.png

• Like Like x 2
  4. Wood is good :upyeah:

New Image.JPG

• Like Like x 7
  5. That's given me plenty to think about, thanks very much fellas

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. IMG_0617.JPG
    Made mine out of Unistrut with threaded bars through the slotted holes. It allows to change where the rods are to rotate the engine to get into all the nooks and crannies. Wont need it again so if you want the bits your welcome. Chesterfield Derbyshire.

• Like Like x 2
  7. That's a great idea thanks. If you weren't so far from Romsey Hampshire I'd take you up on your offer...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mine is a two part item made some years back by someone on this forum, it should also fit a 2V engine as well..

The first part can be seen below and the second is a cradle with jacking points so the engine can be jacked into the frame.

SDC10195.JPG

SDC10194.JPG

SDC10196.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ah
    good to see it all worked out forgot I did this one for you Mike shannon

• Like Like x 1
  10. Great job Mike and this has proved so useful over the years. Currently a 748 engine is sitting on the stand. Are you still working in that area?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Good morning
    O yes I was looking for a tool.i made way back and up pops your item

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks, Mike, I still have your details. I'll PM you when remember(!) what I wanted, it was something from when you posted on eBay some time back.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hi just when you can

Do Not Sell My Personal Information