Error Codes After Washing

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Baccas66, Jun 24, 2024.

1. My 2005 749S was given a wash at the weekend. Dried it with a mains powered drier. Went to use it today and no speedo and engine management light was on. Fault codes 36.0 and 37.3 So I disconnected the speed sensor and gave the contacts a blast with contact cleaner. Ditto the wire from the immobiliser ring. Bike runs fine. Speedo works. Yet the orange light is still on and both codes are still present. Will a decent ride help to dry things out? Or could the problem lie elsewhere. Many thanks in advance for any input.
    Jethro

2. It probably needs to connected to diagnostics to clear what are now stored errors, eg JPDiag, OBDStar, Texa, DDS etc

• Like Like x 1
  3. Get a new injector/coil/pump relay fitted

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for the input. Without sounding ignorant. Would the relay throw up a speed sensor code?

5. It can cause all sorts of gremlins. It is a 3 quid part that is prone to water ingress and Verdigris. Your post says the faults occurred after washing. Have the wheels turned or have you just started the bike. The 36.0 code will sometimes clear if the wheel sensor gets a rotation signal.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information