1200 Error Light

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by hodgson27, May 17, 2015.

1. HI
    I have 2010s model and been out today and keep getting EXVL error (exhaust valve starter motor ), can any one help with this error message and is it safe to ride to dealer to get it checked , also when I stop bike after ride and temp is up to normal I see drops of oil but only when upto temp could this be a seal gone or something more .

any advise would be great

colin

2. More than likely a seized exhaust valve, very common, remove the exhaust shield cover on the silencer and check and lubricate the valve until it moves freely

Not sure on the oil leak when warm..? Its not chain lube is it running down from the front sprocket when its warmed up..?

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. On your 2010 model the valve is opened and closed during start up. IF the cable doesn't move at the motor end (under the seat and very hard to get to) then a fault will show.
    Not only the the valves stick in both the closed and open positions, but also the bowden cable seize.
    It is nothing to be overly concerned about, as @Boomer said lubricate the valve. Note it moves 90° by hand. If you shine a torch down the exhaust you can see it move.
    Check youtube for operation.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information