Essex DOCGB meet this Sunday Coggeshall.

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by 900streetfighter, Nov 8, 2013.

1. After cancelling the meet for about 3 months due to other events and bad weather it's looking good for this Sunday. My weather app says sunny but chilly so hopefully our regulars will record the MGP and we'll have a few bikes turn up. I've put my 907 on the road for the winter so I'll be there along with Calvin, DK and Al and Nora at least. There's a log fire, hot food and coffee/tea so if you fancy a ride to North Essex pop in and say hi at The Bird in Hand B1024 between Coggeshall and Earls Colne midday till 2ish. Maybe your last chance for a ride before the salt goes down! Cheers, Keith.

#1 900streetfighter, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  2. I might make it Keith. See how it looks on Sunday.

3. That'd be nice Pete.:upyeah:

4. It was a good meet, with several people turning up. Bikes included a 907 Paso and a Darmah. Weather was sunny with a clear blue sky. Pleasant day.

5. 6 bikes (3 dukes) and a car was quite a good turnout for a chiily day. I didn't get to see Mikes Darmah as he left before me.
    Next month (8th Dec). we are having a meal there as a kind of Crimbo thing.

6. Apols couldn't make this and am in South Africa for 8th Dec. Will deffo get to one if these in the new year - I did turn up on the 2nd Sunday back during the summer, but was only one there lol. Glad got a reasonable turn out though.

7. If you pm me your mobi number I'll put you on my text list and text you when and if the meet is on.

Cheers, Keith.

8. Is us people from across the boarder allowed? Going to be taxing the old girl on the 1st would be good to give her a run(if she makes it that far)

9. Hope so mate, else I can't go either!!
    Sure all would be welcome:)

10. Thanks Doc, count me in weather permitting.

11. Hello Lumbox, Next meet is 8th Dec. There won't be many bikes as we are having a meal at the pub and most of us go by car and the passengers(hopefully me:upyeah:) can have a few beers. Roast beef/pork/chicken probably on the menu.

12. Sounds good. Unfortunately (or not really I guess) all being well I'll be on hols in South Africa. Will deffo get to a meet in new year, in car if wet / cold etc, or on the 749 if better weather = spring probably lol. Happy Xmas pub grub!!

13. Just an observation - seems to be plenty of duc owners in Essex / Suffolk area. Should be able to get reasonable numbers together for a meet up next year - i know these things aren't to everyone's taste (tend to ride mostly on my own tbh since stacking my 'blade four years back), but a bite to eat, drink and a natter (delete as applicable:wink:) could be fun? BIH also quite well placed between the two counties.

14. We just sit and chat for a couple of hours in the pub about what we are doing to our bikes and where we are going on them plus any gossip that's going around. We do the occasional ride, we went to a Kent DOC meet in the summer and planned to go to Brighton for the Aceday and Brightona but the weather got in the way on both occasions. I'm not a big fan of rideouts personally, any more than 4 bikes can be hard work. We quite often meet up at venues and races though. With so many bike events happening in the Summer the meets can get cancelled or we meet at an event. Calvin and I (branch reps) keep in touch with as many people as possible by email and text to let everyone know what's happening.
    Cheers, Keith.

15. Good point(s) Keith - bike chat all ok with me (not that I know much about them, other than which ones I like). Meeting up deffo better than ride outs, whether at a pub or another event - too much effort to keep big (ish) groups together.

16. Forgot to add wife permitting!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lumbux. If you PM me your mobi number I'll put you on my text list. Cheers K.

18. Now if I can get there on the 8th Dec.............what will I win if I'm on the bike?...............I was going to get there last weekend, but madame wasn't well and I felt I shouldn't go......

19. If you go on the bike Al and if I come on mine, can I follow you down, I'll let you win so you get the prize!!

20. A pint for anyone on a bike................To be collected at January meet :smile:.

#20 900streetfighter, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
Do Not Sell My Personal Information