Estate Car Wanted

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by SP4S, Sep 15, 2023.

1. I’m helping my brother in he’s search for an estate car as interim while he decides what new car to lease.

He has a decent budget £5k and ideally looking for an estate, has to be ULEZ compliant, he has a liking for Audi’s and BMW’s, other makes would be considered. A nice 3 series or A4 would be ideal.

He’s not mechanically minded so has to be something that’s going to be reliable to ferry he’s young family about.

What you got?

• WTF WTF x 1
  2. Thanks Red. But it needs to be ULEZ compliant

• Like Like x 1
  3. I doubt you will find a ULEZ compliant BMW or Audi for that price.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Skoda or Volvo may have better options…..

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Petrol versions I’m sure are available. Yes, open to idea of Skoda or Volvo.

6. My ‘12 Seat Leon estate was ULEZ compliant. Currently on my second Leon and still very happy. Andy

7. There's 30 petrol A4 avants on autotrader

8. over the last couple of years second hand cars has shot through the roof in value. particularly ULEZ compliant. i think you are going to struggle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. ULEZ was great for my Daughters Micra, paid £650 for it 2-3 years ago sold it last month for the same as it’s meets the Clean air zone in Birmingham

#10 DucatiScud, Sep 15, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2023
  10. someone scored. assuming it wasn't too bashed up that's a very good price. a mate just sold his 2006 ford fusion to we buy any car that i sold him 2 years previous for £1400. the same price i sold it to him. he used the cash and put it towards buying my tiguan. 2012 for 6k.
    cars are v,expensive at the mo.

• Like Like x 1
  11. It was pretty banged up when I bought it during Covid, my daughter just added to the amount of dents. Even managing to reverse the N/S along a brick wall for a wee while.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. bloody walls. always jumping out of nowhere when you least expect it.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. That what me daughter said…..

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. RS6. Bosh…

Just tell him to add a nought to his budget. Simple. Any further questions??

15. I’d keep her well away from Cornwall if I were you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Thanks for all the feedback guys. I did advise he have a look at Autotrader too.
    In the past my experience of buying bikes.cars from various bike forums has been more pleasurable experience than dealing with eBay or Autotrader. keep the comments coming

17. I'd second the Leon as a good choice; whilst I have just part exchanged mine, it was for a change of vehicle type & I've effectively stuck with the same brand (Cupra rather than Seat).

Do Not Sell My Personal Information