Eu Ban On Classic Bikes?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Nostromo, Apr 30, 2024.

1. I haven’t had time to confirm, but sad if true and is passed, destruction of history and personal property….

2. Just read a post about MAG withdrawing from FEMA because of their 'policy' to push electric bikes exclusively. In a joint release with the FIA, FEMA made no mention of a future for ICE or classic bikes. A stitch up. Andy

3. This isn't about classic vehicles as such, more about average older cars, which they already
    have the ability to attack via MOT (or equivalent) testing. At present 40 years get the vehicle
    an exemption which offers some protection. I suspect the money invested in historic vehicles
    will continue to offer some level of consideration.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Fake news from someone trying to promote their online channel.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Useful Useful x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  5. I’ve read/ watched conflicting reports on this but if they want to they will and I wouldn’t be surprised if the historical vehicle mot exemption is removed eventually as well. Once we are all walking around our 15 minute cities they will probably tax oxygen too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Even the most basic research shows this to be BS. He mentions "fit for 55" but got that completely wrong.

Fit for 55 aims to reduce greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) by at least 55 percent by 2030.

There is already a get around on the ban of new IC powered engines after 2035 agreed.
    https://www.fleeteurope.com/en/new-...CO2 target&t[1]=ABB&t[2]=Fuel&t[3]=OEM&curl=1

I'm not losing sleep just yet. I'm also going to be 82 years of age in 2050 so I will probably be dead.

• Useful Useful x 2
  7. About time too. Nasty, noisy, smelly motorbikes. You should all get a nice little (electric) car instead.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. No, it's not true. Completely false and deliberately misleading, in fact.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thanks for the clarification guys!

10. Another ill informed fellow who likely suffers from severe tennis elbow.

But just consider for a moment, Even if it were true, an EU law would have no effect in the UK anyway...

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I’m confused, are we in the EU or out of the EU now?

12. I still find it amazing you can say any amount of lies on the internet to suit yourself without any comeback at all.
    Yet do it in print or in public and you are liable to being sued for defamation.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. I saw part of one of those guys other videos a few weeks ago. Utter balls. So would pay attention to anything said even if it was midnight and he said it was dark..

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Sorry mate but this whole 15 mins cities thing came from
    a deliberate misunderstanding of one bloke's inoffensive bus flow improvement proposals in Oxford (IIRC).

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. We’re outside looking in, and the EU are inside looking out,
    laughing their tits off at the calamity that is Brexit.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Remoaner
    Tears
    You lost.....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  17. Only if I voted………

18. If what we have now is winning, fuck knows how bad losing would have felt !!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Brexit certainly won us more immigration. That was the plan, right?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information