Evening All

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Marc.r1, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and I currently own an Aprilia RSV4 Factory 2009 and a couple of dirt bikes (KXF250 and KTM300SX). Currently reside in Yeovil.
    Always liked Duke’s since Foggy’s reign in WSB and nearly got an 888 SP4 when they were affordable.
    I am in the lucky position due to leaving the forces and my wife (also a biker) to add an extra bike to the garage.
    I have owned in the past ZXR J1, NC30, 3xR1, KR1S,MV F4R which I traded in for my RSV4.
    Currently fancy either 1299S, V2 panigale Troy Baylis or a V4S. Read a lot about them all and it seems to mix up a lot of emotion. With an out rigger of getting an MV again.
    Just wondering on people within the forum experiences, do and don’ts, what to look for.
    My thoughts at the moment with them:
    The 1299S appeals as it’s a big V-twin, full electrical ohlins (appeals as my RSV4 is manual), single sided swinger and the latest electrical toys (RSV4 pre APRC). The power is corruptible as I imagine it’s torque is lively for lazy overtakes
    V2 Troy Baylis….gob smattering gorgeous, single swinger and still a V-twin. Interested into how it rides as it’s a little less than my RSV4 but not that I’m a hero or anything. Manual ohlins
    V4S it would have to be a cheaper one but also gorgeous but I already own a V4. Does it ride like a V-twin as didn’t they play with the firing order.
    MV it’s my out rigger as I never got in with mine but it’s supposed to be amazing so it could have been just tyres but I swapped it before trying. It’s just an itch as it is gorgeous.
    I will probably just have to swing my leg over them next year and take a ride which is easy with the V2 panigale and V4 but not many 1299S about to play on.

hopefully are paths will cross at some time and happy new year to everyone

• Like Like x 2
  2. Welcome and Happy New year

3. Welcome to the forum. Enjoy

4. Greetings!

I see demo rides in your future...

5. Welcome into our mad house and happy new year :)

6. Welcome to the forum Marc.:)

7. welcome marc.r1 & happy new year.

8. Welcome and enjoy

9. Welcome to the forum, (from Crewkerne)

10. Hello and welcome.

Having owned various panigale’s including a v4s, Panigale R and a V2 Bayliss I can report that all three are brilliant! How you intend to use it would have a significant impact on your decision I think. If it’s road or mainly road then the v2 is awesome. The bigger bikes are stunning but best used on track. The 1299 especially is more happy on track than the road. The big v twins really don’t like going slow.
    Try them all and make your choice. You can’t really go wrong. My personal preference is v twins over the v four. I’m short and the twins are significantly narrower at the front of the seat making them manageable.

11. Cheers all for the advice, I do think I need to get a go on them to see. Just finding a 1299 demo will be difficult as the dealers say they are too old to be sold within their shops. They also say the newer stuff is better. It will be more road biased with a potential track day. The looks of the newer ones is really appealing but I am drawn to the electronic suspension and big V-twin.

With the bikes is there anything to keep an eye out on or just normal bike stuff?

is there a way to tell track miles as this is a thing within the RSV4?

12. So, so you have left the forces and your wife?

Good choices Sir :joy:

Welcome to the forum :upyeah:

13. lol…no wife is staying, she is a good one…just don’t tell her that.

Just into my final few months of Army life and looking to get a proper job.

Still deciding think I just need some test rides when the weather improves…

14. It's ok they are all good liars on this forum :D ooops sorry little white lies

Do Not Sell My Personal Information