Excel Motorbike Show - 17, 18, 19 Feb

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Pete1950, Feb 11, 2023.

1. The London bike show is being held at the Excel next week, on the 17th, 18th, and 19th February.

I have a ticket for Saturday 18th. Meet on the Ducati stand (obviously) at say 12 noon.

Who's going?

2. There tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hope it's a good one Pete.

4. I went a couple of years back with my wife. It was pretty good tbf. Stayed on that big white boat next to the Excel… Couldn’t find a decent boozer round there though. Pah…

5. I went Feb 2020, remember sat on the underground glancing at the front page of someone’s Metro……..”1st case of Covid confirmed in UK”…………and we all know how that turned out!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. 20230218_131357.jpg 20230218_105028.jpg 20230218_105015.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. Just got back. It was a fiver to get the other side of that white fence !

Not bad but not great as a show.

Really busy.

No MV Augusta (a few bikes on someone else’s stand) and no Honda. Disappointing range of bikes on show too from the manufacturers that showed up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. i went yesterday, looking to buy a book or two and no one was selling books

£25 to park a car

• WTF WTF x 1
  9. It was an OK day out. Pretty much like the last 10 times I've been. Surprised there was no Honda stand.

10. Rutter was there today with a couple of Bathams bikes and a couple of his dads.

He was punting a book.

11. Expensive and long day from us coming from Dorset.

Show took only 3 hours to get round but good to meet Sam Mannicom and Austin Vince.

probably better than the last time we went but still not great….

12. I refuse out of principle to pay 25 notes for the parking.

It’s a bit of a busmans holiday for me as well to be honest. It’s often full of the ‘hoodie over leathers’ types which honestly make me want to never leave my house again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Totally agree about the parking situation. goodness knows why but there must be somewhere else close to London that a show can be held that’s not needing to shaft the visitors just to park.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Was it just me, or was it much smaller than last year?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. It's been quite a few years since I've been to one of these, but I wasn't all that impressed.
    Much smaller than many years back, and quite busy on the Sunday too.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information