V4 Exhaust Butterfly Valve Cel

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by jayv4, Jun 24, 2024.

1. I've only had my v4 panigale less than a week and it's already thrown a cel. I took it to the local dealer and they've said the code is for a sticking butterfly valve in the exhaust. The bike had a healtech servo eliminator on it but apparently if that's installed when the fault is there the bike will just throw the code again. They disconnected the eliminator and manually reset the valve, however if it's been a fault before I'm sure it could come back and I'd like to weigh up my options.
    I plan on getting a termi slip on system at some point but I'm still licking my wounds over buying the bike so hopefully that will resolve the issue completely. Until then can I just disconnect the servo wires from the exhaust and not worry about it or would I have to get it coded out? Also now that the valve has been manually returned to open would plugging the eliminator back in resolve the problem?

2. It’s a common complaint across a whole range of bikes with that valve but with regular, minor maintenance to keep the valve pivot free, the valve will work as intended. There is lots of information in the forum about options from bypass to delete and what’s required, you just need to use the forum search function. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information