899 Exhaust Servo Elimination

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by georgedim, Jul 25, 2024.

1. Hi all, for some time now I had the error message on the dash that had been attributed by the dealer to a malfunctioning exhaust servo.

I thought that by plugging an error canceling solution would remedy it.

Having installed a dongle by HealTech and unplugging the battery for some time before connect back on, but the light on the dash is still on.

Is there any other trick that I should try or was it a waste of time and £50 or so?

2. The Healtech won't remove the fault code as the error has been logged by the ECU. You'll need to get the fault code cleared by the dealer. But you will need to retain the Healtech servo buddy otherwise it will just flash up the fault again due to the issue with your servo.

Now saying that, i read somewhere about an on/off ignition sequence, ride around a few times and it will may clear the code. I will try find the link.

You may as well remove the exhaust servo completely and wire the exhaust valve open. (It saves half a kilo in weight) I've just done it on my bike and no errors are logged. (using a Healtech)

3. Much appreciated for the feedback and if you find the link with the sequence mentioned would be great. I unplugged the battery in that effort but appreciate that wouldn't necessarily delete errors previously logged.

I didn't want to make too much of physical intervention to remove the flapper but understand that there is a spring that keeps the default position to Open. I took a pictures of it in case anyone can confirm?

Screenshot_20240728_122210_Gallery.jpg

4. As above, had same on 959 and once plugged the ESE in, still needed someone to plug in and clear. I was in and out the workshop in minutes so a quick job

Well worth removing the servo also, big lump of useless nothing now

• Like Like x 1
  5. Typically they are open but when you remove the cables the flap is not under as much tension so it tends to, eh flap about. This was the case on my V4, so I used lock wire to make sure it wouldn't move.

• Like Like x 1
  6. That makes sense, thank you

7. Before taking it in, unplug the ecu and leave it unplugged for a few hours. This worked magic on the Panigales for removing errors once fixed.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information