Extended Warranty Anyone Bothered

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Ducatim_9, Jul 29, 2023.

1. Sfv4s coming up to 2 years old got chance to extend the warranty anyone bothered or should i just risk it? I've not had the water pump issue yet.

2. Absolutely worth every penny in my "new-engine-needed" opinion

• Like Like x 1
  3. What happened?

4. IMHO the only extended warranty worth having is the EverRed official Ducati one. However, unless things have changed you can only buy these when you purchase the bike new. Not retrospectively once your 2 year standard warranty is about the expire. The EverRed warranty is, effectively, an extension of the factory warranty.

Anything else is third party insurance based and usually come with restrictions and limits that lower the level of protection to the point of their worth being questionable.

What are you being offered?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Offer from Ducati must take out before factory warranty has expired.

6. If its the EverRed, or equivalent, warranty and you have concerns then buy it if it's not stupidly expensive.

Bought the 2 year EverRed extenstion on my Multistrada at time of purchase. I only claimed for the crap catcher on the rear wheel when that started to fall apart beyond the 2 year included warranty, a £75 part that I fitted myself. Had peace of mind though. Also, though not absolutely sure you have to, had it serviced by franchised dealer until full warranty was up. Now a trusted indi looks after it.

During the original warranty I did have an oil leak fixed.

It's a gamble though I think the modern Ducatis are pretty reliable. Any manufacturing issues, such as my oil leak (a duff seal), should manifest themselves in the first 2 years. Never can be sure though.

#6 Bumpkin, Jul 30, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2023
  7. Ducati are offering a factory, dealer warranty just weeks before the original 2 year warranty is going to expire ? I’d snap their hand off if that’s the case..normally they only offer an extended warranty upto a month after new registration

8. If you are doing the mileage then yes, otherwise I wouldn't bother. They will have done the sums to see if it makes sense for them.

9. It has to be taken out at time of purchase… I found this out the hard way having not been offered it when I bought the bike and having a ton of issues with my V2

10. That’s what I was told when I brought it. £469 for one year extra.

11. Not high mileage but gets a good spanking on a Sunday not missed a beat so far.

12. The warranty might be offered by Ducati and the repairs by a Ducati dealer and technician but is it their decision whether any claim is agreed and carried out OR by the third party warranty company, 2 completely different agreements.

Audi 2 year warranty on second hand cars is through a third party, not Audi.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. My streetfighter ate the big end at 3700miles. Necessitating a new block. Would have been screwed without the extended warranty

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. At such a low milage it could be argued that the bike was not fit for purpose, thus extended warranty would not be needed,
    though I concede it would make the process more palatable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Part ex for a new one and be sure to negotiate the 4 year warranty with the bike & then you're good for + 4 years and the price of the warranty extension you didn't pay for reduces the cost of the new bike!

Man maths makes it new bike time!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. as an aside to the above can you even imagine what the bill may be if you needed to fix that V4 motor out of your own pocket as it's way beyond even the very best home mechanics.

I'd definitely keep it under Ducati's warranty if possible and have already considered my new bike to arrive April 26.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I think if you finance the bike, making sure you have a manufacturer warranty covering the length of the bike payment is a good idea, I just got a new Triumph and they were including an extra year warranty as part of the package

18. Wise words & with interest rates now up they'll be incentives to use them such as extended warranty.

19. The extended warranty also helps with resale if you can say it still has factory warranty

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information