F.Fabri touring screen review - with winglets!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by LeNoir, Jul 31, 2012.

1. I replaced my screen with the F.Fabri touring screen in June and have done over 2,500 miles since then down to WDW etc so I thought I would post up a review of my thoughts.

The bad points:

• The fit isn't perfect, the bottom mounting hole had to be forced and really needs to be made larger
    • I have bark busters and the only way to stop these hitting the winglets at full lock is to have the screen at full extension - it looks big fully extended.
    • Delivery took three weeks

The good points:
    • It is much much better than the stock screen
    • Its cheap
    • The light smoke looks better in my opinion than the clear stock screen
    • Those winglet things really work
    • No buffeting up to 50mph
    • 50% Reduced buffeting and noise compared to stock 50mph +
    • Much less wobble than the stock screen, this is really good for me as my improvised high up sat nav mount is now much more stable

The screen is about 2 inches taller than the OE version and up to around 50mph there is no noise or buffeting, I now ride with my flip front lid in the up position to 50mph. The downside is that when I was in Italy and it was hot, I could get no moving air in to my jacket as the winglets reduced the air movement over my chest and shoulders. Some pics below (click through to Flickr for the full pics):

[​IMG]
    SANY0365 by LeNoir B15, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    SANY0367 by LeNoir B15, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    SANY0368 by LeNoir B15, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    SANY0366 by LeNoir B15, on Flickr

• Like Like x 1
  2. Been waiting for someone to post a review of this, thanks. Will standard hand guards clear in lower positions?

#2 markyd, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  3. I'm sure Fabrri would have product tested their screen with the standard guards fitted - they are a reputable company and make good products

4. Fits fine with the standard handguards, its just the bark busters where there is a challenge.

5. Sorry to dredge this up again, has anyone else gone for this screen? I have the MRA vario screen and not happy with it really. I have a decent Shoei helmet and seem to get huge amounts of buffeting - the vario bit seems to do feck all when I adjust it on the move - although it is better than the stock screen which is just pants. I've cut down my stock screen and obviously cleaner air but that gets a bit tedious with the 2 hour commute I have.

I'm kinda tempted with this screen as it seems a bit 'cheaper' than other options...

6. That Fabri looks good from the front - not so sure from the rider's view.

maigrait, is that the 'standard' MRA vario screen you've got, or the 'X-creen' version?

7. Yeh standard one mra vario screen...

Maybe its the 'best' you can get without resorting to some sort of barn door which I'm never gonna get.

I guess its all about how tall, helmet, etc but for me vario is a big pair of y's.

8. 4,000 miles now with the Ffabri screen and it is brilliant

9. Where did you buy it from LeNoir?

10. Just wondering how or what you've mounted your ram mount to in order to have your satnav there?

11. Straight from the UK importer Home

It took about three weeks toarrive as thy were waiting on a batch from Italy but they may have stock on the shelves now.

12. Just drilled two holes in the windscreen cross bar, put a bit if foam cut to profile underneath the Ram mount and Bobs your uncle, a 10 min job in total. The Ram mount was about £8-£10 from a random on line shop, I cant remember which one!

13. Cheers. I take it there's no stress on the cross bar which may cause a crack if it wobbles a bit?

14. All seems fine, like all things I have not over tightened the bolts holding it on. It must have been up there for 7,000 miles now and seems fine, a massive improvement to safety having the sat nav up high.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information