F---ing Chain

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Rockin Rexer, Aug 6, 2024.

1. Hi there and hello to everyone,
    I have had my V4 Pikes Peak about a year now and so far it has been maintained at the dealer however I would like to adjust the drive chain!
    Is there a video that someone can direct me too, showing how to do it by using the little bent piece of tin that Ducati supply in the puncture repair kit?
    Many thanks in advance (hopefully)
    Rockin Rexer

2. Welcome into our mad house
    I'm sure someone will help shortly :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fingers crossed then.....thanks

4. @Rockin Rexer, no need for a video. Just before the plastic shark’s fin and slightly inboard, above the chain, there is a machined flat on the underside of the swing arm. Put the long flat side of the tool here and the centre of chain link pin should be within the 2 scribed lines on the bent part of the tool. Andy

5. Have you got a photo of how you do this? I ended up measuring with a steel rule. I couldn't workout where the tool went and in what orientation its supposed to go.

6. I’m changing wheels tomorrow, I’ll see what I can do. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1

7. Not a pikes peak, but shows the metal gauge in action

• Like Like x 1
  8. Different swingarm on the PP, unless I was being dumb I couldn't anywhere for that gauge to fit.

9. Check this out:

The process is correct per Ducati service manual which my dealer printed for me
    Pinch bolt torque is wrong - should be 22 Nm (something like that, I don't recall exactly but not 30 something)
    The supplied measuring tool is for the v4 non Pikes Peak version - PP has less slack.
    Has to be done with 8 preload set (i.e. Sport default)

Oh, and give Mr Rembo a like, he's had a minor accident and hurt himself

D

Do Not Sell My Personal Information