feeling robbed

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by oddbod, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Had my multi up for sale various places no offers, no calls so part ex'ed her , looked at various bikes really tried my best bartering couldn't get more than £3000 , now she's appeared on ebay at £3999 at a dealers . I was looking for £3500 ONO.

:frown: I SUPPOSE THAT'S LIFE :frown:

2. Thats about the norm. I part exed a Brutale for my 1098 at a dealers and they stuck a grand on when they sold it which is what I would expect. Don't know how much they actually got fo it.

3. Dealers aren't in it for the love! I sell previously enjoyed cars for a living & this often comes up, only we work on a bit more than £1k mark up. Traded in my 4 year old BMW car for a nearly new one last year with BMW Park Lane as they'd offered me the best part exchange & one that I was almost happy with. They promptly stuck £4k on it!

4. And remember they would have to prep the bike, put a warranty on it, be prepared to cover in costs in the near future, build in a dealing margin (no one pays full price!) cover their overheads, then pay VAT on the margin, somewhere on there will be some profit, but not as much as people think

5. The local multiplex cinema was robbed last night of goods worth nearly four hundred quid. The burglars took three bags of pick 'n mix, a tub of popcorn and a medium coke.

6. The 20% VAT comes out of the difference between price paid & price sold, then the prep, warranty, commission etc. & if you're going to have a gin palace showroom...

7. Yes your right, should have put that higher up the list, and the showrooms are often set by dealer standards of course

8. Breaking news: Dealers have to make a living shocker!

• Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information