First Bike!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by TomS, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Hello :)

Just bought my first bike, a 2014 Monster 796 from Ducati Coventry. Just have to wait a week or two for delivery. Hopefully the forums are as entertaining as the car forums I'm on :D

• Like Like x 6
  2. Hiya!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hello & welcome. This one's good! :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blimey you're in for a treat the.......
    Welcome

• Like Like x 2
  5. Greetings, you will enjoy the experience, watch out for the locals.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Welcome....we are a friendly bunch.
    Quite a few here can't spell or use English, but we still love them.
    ....just avoid anyone who uses a pseudonym of a gay radio/tv presenter in their avatar.

#6 AirCon, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
  7. Hello and welcome into the mad house

Oh it's friendly here alright just watch out for the locals and make sure you use a full stop on occasions

:) enjoy

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Que?

9. welcome - messageboards ? most of us are forum

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Pics otherwise you're lying your arse off.....its the law!

11. 'Cause he's as mad as a brush!

12. oh, and no jokes about Prince Andrew

13. Hi, welcome

Don't trust anyone, especially if they call you Dave !

Is your new bike Red ? We need to know, because they are faster

• Like Like x 2
  14. Your nose will grow if you keep fibbing, mat coloured bikes are quicker, less paint used, no laquer therefore a ton lighter, which makes the mat black 1199 fastest of all ;)

15. Your confused, gloss paint slips through the air with it's lower coefficient of drag, so matt is always slower whatever the colour. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Did you bunk off school a lot?
    I reckon my bike is at least ooooooh 30kg lighter due to lack of paint which will beat your glide effect :)

17. Welcome fella.
    As per the other post, some on here are grammar Queens, that then use the incorrect amount of dots in a ellipsis...
    Ironic?

18. ^ It's actually 'an ellipsis' but we don't like to quibble ;)

Oh, and welcome Dave!

19. Or anyone in the media who is accused of underaged sex, so that's the BBC out from 1970 to date.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. No. Irony is a situation in which something that was intended to have a particular result has the opposite result, for example: the irony (of it) is that the new system will burden those it was intended to help.

How is using an incorrect number of dots in an ellipsis ironic? (That's if it is written anywhere that there is a correct number, which I doubt. Evidence please.) And as per usual someone purporting to know such things makes a schoolboy error in their post. It always happens. Queens, that should be Queens, who. They are people not inanimate objects or animals!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information