V4 Fitting The Left Hanger

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by spooky, May 20, 2023.

1. I need to fit a new hanger - the part that the quickshifter and side stand attach to.

I’ve looked through the workshop manual but I’d appreciate some pointers with regard to what torque should be applied to the various bolts and if any should have threadlock on them. I’ll also want to raise the gearshift lever slightly to make it easier to get my boot under it (reverse shift).

Any tips and pointers would be gratefully received as I’m rather good at overtightening things…

For anyone wondering why on earth that part would need to be replaced, it turned out that the back screw holding the fairing on was made of cheese and it was apparently too small to be drilled out… :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. dont know about torque but i threadlock everything as replacements are expensive (and ive lost a few)

3. I’ve got some red Loctite stuff from doing bits on my car - is this suitable?

4. Cheese bolts. Bad luck though. They usually just fall off.

• Like Like x 1
  5. to be honest in the past ive used PVA glue, so anything i guess

6. I found torque values for fitting the quickshifter, sidestand and rearsets to the holder, but I can’t seem to find anything for fitting the holder to the bike.

7. After looking through the workshop manual for ages I’ve finally figured out that they are pretty much all 25nm.

The fun part was that the various bolts were listed in different sections, the relevant ones being for fitting the sidestand, quickshifter, rearsets, swingarm (that section gave me one bolt) and fitting the engine to the frame…

8. Easy. :upyeah:

There was a pin that had to be removed from the old part - one end of the sidestand spring goes on it - but a chain rivet tool slid it out and then into the new part easily.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information