Fixing Worktop To Cabinet

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bradders, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Decided to go down the route of sone base roll cabinets and wooden worktop. Thinking I may be able to attach them, so cabinets act as legs and mean it would be mobile.
    And ideas on how best to fix? Thinking how those units that you buy with the surface are fixed.
    Glue? Rather not bolt as it means holes and will look a bit crap.

2. Screws up through the front rail and brackets at the rear of the base units.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Screws through from below into the wood?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. You'll probably find with them units they will have fitted brackets to fix through into the bottom of the tops.

• Like Like x 1
  5. They probably have metal right angle clips welded when made, for the screws to go throughbefore screwing into the wood

[​IMG]

6. do you have a picture of the top of the unit?

7. If you don't want to mark the rolltop unit,then maybe perhaps self adhesive velcro.?
    index.jpg

8. If you are "glueing" and need it to be super strong and last forever get 3M 5200. You can glue the keel onto a yacht with this stuff. They have fast dry or regular. Various colours.

• Like Like x 2
  9. This is how it will go..
    guy_hammering.gif

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I would cut a piece of ply and bolt the wheels to the ply, then mount the cabinet onto the ply, just screw down into the ply.
    I wouldn't rely on fixing straight up into a cabinet, it also means by bolting the wheels they can be re used if needed.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information