V2 Flat Baterry

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Felipe Bragantini, Jul 12, 2023.

Tags:
  1. I had flat battery on my brand new Panigale V2, I bought the battery charger but i realised to access the battery on the Panigale I should basically disassembly all the faring to connect the battery to a battery charge, there is any other place, or cable to charge the battery under the seat and somewhere else which doesn't require to remove all the fairings?

Thank you and I am sorry if already exist this topic on the forum but I didn't find the correct answer for me, thank you all

2. You used to be able to get a charger that plugged in the diagnostic port but not sure if you can now. My Personal advise is to fit a charge lead with quick disconnect so you only have to take the fairings off once, fit it up and then just plug in to maintain it.

3. it is kind of stupid stuff from ducati, make everything hard, even for a simple maintenance like charge the battery

4. And another question is, if there is no other way, is anyone knows where is the battery exactly and the dummy tutorial in how to disassembly that specific part ?

5. Optimate do one a couple of leads this one for pre '21 bikes with the previous diagnostic port and another for Euro 5 bikes with a different port.

• Like Like x 2
  6. My one is 23 but have no idea how this should work or where do I plug this into :-|

7. On the 959 under the pillion seat there’s a hatch under which is the plug I use to charge the battery. Is it in the same place on the V2?

8. Great question haha

9. Google is your friend... look at page #3.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Thank you very mich, was very helpful, now I need to buy that adapter you mention above FFS hahahah

11. Hello it's me again talking about my s*** battery again
    I bought the charger, the adapter cable, charged my battery but I think because my tracker my battery has been drained the battery like a hell, doesn't hold the power for 1 day. I live in a block flat without power source, anyone has any advices to avoid this, maybe lithium battery will solve my problem?
    Thank you all

12. After fully charging the battery were you able to start (or at least turnover) the engine? If it had enough juice to do that then the problem is probably not the battery. If you replace with a Lithium battery you'll need the correct lithium battery charger - optimate make a good one and you should be able to use your sae cable with it.

13. Yes I was able to start normally, I send to Ducati and they told me this is the data tracker problem, which is ridiculous for me

14. If the dealer fitted the tracker then I imagine they have a responsibility to find the problem and fix it.

15. I agree but they say: yes unfortunately this is a problem about the tracker, but doesn't make sense for me the battery lasting led than a week

16. Seems to be mixed results with trackers draining batteries. In principle as they (well biketrac at least) have their own batteries they should draw very little current from the bike battery and then only occasionally. Not everyone's experience seems to agree with this though - see https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/biketrac-killing-batteries.94511/
    The answer might be to leave the battery on a smart charger/battery maintainer all the time. That's what I did with my V2 and do now with my V4. No problems so far!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I would love to keep the bike on the maintener but I have no power source at all at my garage

18. Optimate do solar powered trickle chargers that might work for you?

19. Trackers are often lumped into one bracket which is a mistake. My friends both have 2016 panigales which had BikeTrac fitted from new, and they have had some dead batteries as they don’t leave them on optimate.

my bike trac was fitted from new on my panigale V2 and I had a voltage threshold set at 11.6v and even left for 4-5 weeks the bike never complained of low voltage, it does however depend on how the tracker is configured and what coverage area it’s in.

solar optimate charger is the way to go I think for remote storage.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information