Foam Grips

Discussion in 'Touring' started by raphael, Jul 13, 2024.

1. I’ve got a tour coming up and due to injuries a bit concerned about the vibration through the bars.
    Has anytime used any type of foam over the grips and did it help?
    The bikes a 1299 panigale

cheers

2. Grip puppies.
    Easy to fit, keep the OEM grips like new underneath. Heated grips still work, after slight delay. I've used them for years. They're great.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. I tried grip puppies. They work but are very thick. Not great unless you have big hands.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Thanks for the reply’s, will have a look

5. I do have big hands, so they are great for me

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dual compound renthal grips

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Grip puppies do help but a bit useless when they get wet, at least that’s what I found on my Panigale.

8. Not what I have found. I've ridden all day in torrential, and they have been fine. Obviously I lockwire them on, to prevent slippage.

9. There’s why then. I didn’t lock wire mine on.

10. I don't know who thought of them first, but obviously not patent-able and so many makes out there, and some better than others. Apart from hand-size i think they are a great improvement and work for me for grip and curing light vibration.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. I have the 717’s on a couple of bikes. Make no real difference to vibration levels in my experience. But they are great grips. In fact I’ve just ordered a set for my 749 yesterday.

12. interesting on the vibration, as said, only light vibration but was night and day for me on one bike and the reason I fitted them on every bike from then on - what make were yours?

13. Progrips 717

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Considering where I’m going, I’ll be surprised if I don’t get wet at some point? Maybe not the idea for now then? Cheers mate

• Like Like x 1
  15. sorry, missed the number, doh. I never tried these as stuck with the Motrax version which are virtually unobtainable now, i have around 3 pairs left. These would wear down after time as the outer material was very soft.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information