1199 For Those Wondering About Lean Angle

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by kope999R, Aug 14, 2015.

1. just to add to the case that lean angle is not to be used as a guide to safety:

did a Donington trackday yesterday.... first time i did the full course/track...

went out on the first session, did a 1:46 without pushing it..

then on second session the chilly wind picked up and blew right into the garage on the warmers..
    went out but they kept us waiting for 3 minutes.

did three laps on a 1:52 because of traffic... then pushed it a bit higher..

lost the front under normal lean as that side of the tires had cooled off as there are almost no heating lefts on Donington... joined the Craner club. No warning, no slides, nothing... front just went away....

just to say....

2. Sorry to hear, hope the damage isn't too bad to the bike but more importantly you

3. well, bike minor damage... bent clip on and side panel.... i did the 7 times tumble so pritty sore... but nothing major...

vid coming soon .... :) :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Well obv you not too bad ( since able to post on here ) but speedy recovery anyway an hope the bike dont cost you too much .

5. Post the vid already!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Good to hear you are o.k Kope, despite the soreness. Any crash on a motorcycle that you can walk away from is a result imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Oh dear, saw the fb pic, didnt look too bad at all. I have seen bikes destroyed at craners, and riders too

8. That sucks, after a lowside at Rockingham on my Panigale a few weeks back I can say I know how you feel! The FB photos look like you got off lightly considering how fast that section is!

9. FB. ??????:Banghead:

10. Think i out did myself image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. 150odd MPH. nice.

12. 120+....... still going to hurt.

13. yip eye sights getting worse divide by 5 multiply by 3 120+ still gonna hurt.

14. Got lean!

15. Sorry to hear you had an off, looking forward to the footage.

16. Wow great shot, the horizon is almost vertical with the centre of the bike!

Hope you're over it now mate!

17. and here we go....
    spooky spot that bit of tarmac... :)

18. Oh well, could have been much worse..... in many ways you are very lucky...
    Just a broken wrist, no real damage to the bike....
    What surprises me is that the bike keeps running on it's side. One would presume
    with al the modern technology it could sense that it's not doing anything but potentially
    starving itself from oil. Maybe the engine has been designed so it always maintains oil pressure
    even if it is on its side.

Anyways get well soon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. I thought exactly the same hearing the engine still running. Found myself wincing at the thought of a Ducati engine with no oil.

20. Ouch, that's a bloody fast fall, glad it was just a slide and the bike didn't flip. Do you have frame sliders? I'm wondering if the bike would flip if it did as a few people have made this comment about mine?

I dont know if it's of any use but @scrawnsenior who does the TriOptions BSB race gave me a good tip for the line through Craner. Whilst still going right there is a second apex on the right, the BSB guys are all hitting the curbs before they go left into the drop off. You were pretty close on this lap anyhow but I noticed on the earlier lap you are quite far to the left?

KopeDonny.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information