France, Spain - May 2024 (part 3/3)

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Mattie821, Jun 2, 2024.

1. The main business of the trip - MotoGP Catalunya.

Only had a general admission ticket for Sunday - race day. Usually for the GPs I get a grandstand seat for the weekend - which is much better. I will not bother getting a 1 day general admission ticket again - waste of time, lesson learned.

It is still nice to come and go to these events by bike. I put my jacket in the tail bag and locked my lid to the front wheel.

upload_2024-6-2_19-40-33.png

Spain was starting to get hot. My dash read 31 C and the first hot weather on the trip. So found a shady spot to spectate from and stayed there.
    upload_2024-6-2_19-44-35.png

Queue for the drinking water taps - lots of people putting their head under the taps rather than just drinking it ! - getting hot.

Map of the circuit.

That was it really for Spain. A big exodus of bikes heading back into France on the Monday.

Next stop the Camargue - Bouches-du-Rhone, the Rhone river delta on the Mediterranean. A special place.

Visit the museum and walk the nature trail.

Traditional saddle.
    upload_2024-6-2_19-59-58.png

Camargue bull with the distinctive shaped pointed horns.

upload_2024-6-2_20-3-25.png

Walking the nature trail, that took about 2 hrs - great - loved it

Snakes. Saw 2 of them in all, minding their own business. You have to look for them to spot them, but they are there. Lots of other wildlife - birds in particular and the biggest dragonflies I have ever seen !
    upload_2024-6-2_20-8-1.png

Probably hunting the little frogs along the little stream...

upload_2024-6-2_20-10-27.png

Frequent signs along the trail.....

upload_2024-6-2_20-14-14.png

Some actual Camargue bulls
    upload_2024-6-2_20-17-9.png

I stayed in Arles, but this - Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer is the cultural capital of the Camargue.
    upload_2024-6-2_20-20-16.png

Left the beautiful Camargue - 25 C and sunny - back into some rain. Through the Auvergne to Cleremont-Ferrand

upload_2024-6-2_20-27-52.png

Went to the KTM dealership as the key fob battery was running low and sending an error message to the dash. So tracked down the large KTM dealership - they replaced the battery in five minutes and cost EUR 3.80 ! Happy days Spent the rest of the day looking around all the other bif bike dealerships there - big showrooms

Nice little Beemer ( there were a few GS models on display as well - but it would be impolite to post those on this Ducati forum :D
    upload_2024-6-2_20-34-2.png

So that was it. 3,054 miles average 53 mph at 52 mpg.

The MotoGP was a bit of a waste of time, with just a cheap one day general admission ticket. Camargue is special, must go back again.

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information