V4 Front Brake Line Replacement?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by DRR117, Mar 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Has anyone ditched the ABS on the V4 and got some straight lines (caliper to master cylinder) noticed the Stylema calipers have the nipple on the rear and the banjo on the front which is the opposite way they were on the previous M50 caliper and my fancy Hel dry brake lines now don’t fit as they foul the tyre.

had a look around the forum and even a lot of track bikes I see have just left he ABS on... I’m starting to realise why now :tired_face:

So just wondering has anyone bought a set of lines for their V4 that fit comfortably? If so where from? Or is anyone selling some GP4RX calipers :joy:

2. I know not a V4 as I have a V2 and don't have your dilemma, but I'm getting JHP racing to sack my ABS off. They make their own brake lines so just getting them to do that rather than order a set from elsewhere. Can't say how good they are yet of course, but thought I'd mention :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cheers @JamieW. Think the custom route might be the way to go. :upyeah:

4. Reckon HEL could sort you out

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. That's who I was going to use when I planned to do it myself as they do custom ones. Then I looked at it all and just thought F that, I'll get someone else to do it :joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Bear in mind the ABS interacts with more than just the brakes locking up. Slide control, drift etc. Are also linked in on the V4.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Even on the front? I’ve left the rear ABS in place. Probably worth me just plugging all the front ABS lines back on @nelly?

8. Tbh, I’m not 100% on all the logic of the system, but in race for instance, it’s front abs only but the system still interacts with with the rear and all 4 channels are monitored for pressure and/or controlled for the slide and drift systems.

9. Cheers Nelly, having spent a few days looking into it, it might make sense to stick the original lines back on. Just the tart in me wanting to add some bling lines :)

and let’s face it, it’s not going to stop me any quicker, but might cock up a load of the electronics keeping me safe on track :upyeah:

can always have a look at it next winter if the bike survives the season :joy:

10. Did you have different lines on the 1299 or were they always standard?

11. I ran Hel lines and bypassed the ABS module on the 1299. No issues at all.

9218AC52-4534-4C1E-9986-1576788B2C06.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Good decision! When I rode my R1 I knew right away I had to completely get rid of the abs and I did and it’s spot on! Rode my v4 and to me the abs isn’t a problem at all even when I pushed it! Gonna leave mine!

• Like Like x 1
  13. That’s good to know. I ditched it on my R1 as it was a nightmare... didn’t know if the V4 would be similar. :upyeah:

14. Can’t you just tern them all off on a Ducati? I know you can’t many brands but thought with Ducati you can

15. Euro5 means nope, can't turn it off. You can turn down intrusion and I'm guessing by what @Philm said, the lowest is almost off unlike other manufacturer's.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Pretty much Jamie! I’m not very good with getting electronics settings ,I usually get one of my boys to have a tinker with it and keep everything down low! With the abs only on the front I mustered the nerve to brake very hard up to turn one at portimao and managed to outbrake a good dollop of fast riders without feeling anything kicking in at all!, just very smooth and no dramas! What would happen at race pace I don’t know but it’s good as it is! I had plans to change everything,lines/gprx/hpk discs / brembo m/c, the lot but after riding the thing I’m not doing diddly squat! Doesn’t need it imo!

• Like Like x 2
  17. I just removed the front lines and blanked the ports on the ABS unit. I replaced the lines with a Venhill 3 line setup like this
    A20F327D-3561-470D-9284-545847EC63EB.png
    I’ve left the rear ABS and OEM lines stock.

18. Trolling posts have been deleted. Thread closed

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information