V4 Front Brake Master Cylinder Upgrade

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Wilko69, Jul 6, 2024.

1. I have been thinking about upgrading both the Clutch and brake master cylinders on my ‘19 V4r and looking for some advice. I didn’t really want to go the route of swapping the switchgear over as well, but I see the brake lever will hit the throttle assembly housing. I have been thinking about fitting a Domino throttle assembly and was wondering if this would be a work around without taking the new switchgear route? Does anyone have any helpful advice and any images of what they have done to give me a little inspiration? I’m looking at fitting an RCS 17 on the clutch side, and possibly either an RCS 17/19, or possibly the corsa corta version for the brake unit? Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

2. I believe the ‘19 has the same 30mm caliper pistons as my ‘24. If so then I’d definitely go with the 17 brake MC and not 19, and particularly if you are using it on road. I have tried both and, while I like the direct feel of the 19 MC, there was very little modulation available with it.

I went with Jetprime for the throttle. On my bike I wouldn’t actually say it’s a necessary upgrade but on the ‘19 it’s apparently a big improvement (‘23/‘24 throttle is a significant improvement on the previous generation R).

I took the clip-ons off with everything attached, put Spider clip-ons on (make sure they have similar to OEM offset or you’ll struggle with the brake and clutch lines) and put Jetprime switches on - on the throttle side they do one that attaches to the throttle housing and it’s quite a neat setup.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information