Front Caliper Upgrades

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by John W, Sep 16, 2022.

1. Is there a sensible caliper upgrade without having to change fork leg lowers ?
    on my multistrada I fitted m4 monoblocs, so looking for a similar upgrade for the ST.
    I don't recall any of the 9x6 models having better calipers to the ST4S.

Or is my only option to fit different/better discs and pads ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. 4 pad calipers as fitted to 996R/998 and later Apriliia RSV (V twin) are a good upgrade.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks Rickyx, just what I was after ! :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Had a set arrive last week for my ST3, the new brake lines came yesterday so another little job do do one evening. I had the same setup on my ST4S and they are a definite improvement over the standard calipers. Be aware that your current brake lines won’t fit the new ones due to the orientation of how the hoses fit.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thanks Rushjob. Not ordered mine yet, its a little way down my job list. Which brake lines did you order ?
    I usually use Venhill hoses as they are local and the fittings are bolt on so can be oriented as necessary.

6. I used a local guy here in France but Venhill will do nicely. Straight banjos both ends.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I gave my stock calipers a good service, fitted hell lines and Ferodo Sinter-Grip Road pads. The pads needed heavy use to bed in properly ( henstridge airfield ) thought it was fine before then it was like they doubled in power. It will now lift the back wheel quite easily.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information