V2 Front Sprocket

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by aviating cud, Oct 3, 2022.

1. I finally got an answer from Ducati regarding the 14t front sprocket discussion..

Thank you for contacting us in relation to the Gearing Change.

We have had confirmation from the factory there are issues with changing the final drive ratio other than homologation.

The main reason is that changing the ratio will affect the behaviour of the gear learning and quick shift strategy, causing possible compatibility/plausibility errors coming out or poor quick shift in general. The range of tolerance even with tyre calibration and gear reset facility is very small.

Of course it is your bike and you are entitled to decide if you wish to proceed with the modification but of course we are then not responsible for any of the errors and functionality of the bike, and strongly suggest that you do not change anything from OEM.

Kind regards

Paige
    Customer Service Assistant
    Ducati UK

2. Hmmmm :thinkingface:..

I’ve changed my front sprocket to 14 t on my 899, no issues at all…mind you the 899 doesn’t have the down-blipper and they tend to be more finiky so maybe it would affect that ???
    Having said all that, I’m looking at changing my chain shortly, so when I do I’m going back to a 15t front and up two teeth on the rear sprocket this time, might need a slightly longer chain.
    Reason for doing so is I think it’s a bit kinder to the front sprocket/chain as it’s more prone to accelerated tooth/chain wear with it being a tighter rad to get around,….also I just fancy some new bling-bling chain and sprockets :D;)

3. I went +2 teeth on the rear. Did the tyre calibration, and 4000 miles later - no issues at all.
    Much easier to use around town and power wheelies are big and they are clever.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information