Fuel Not Getting Through 620 Dark

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Plezier, Jul 7, 2024.

1. It seems that I was lucky this morning on my ride out that I didn't get stranded as when I tried to start the bike this evening to go for another little ride it just would not start though the pump is priming no fuel seems to be getting to the injectors or very little fuel is reaching them, It will start on engine start spray but as soon as that is gone the engine dies.... no fuel.

Yesterday evening I went for a ride and the fuel light came on eventually found a petrol station open and fill up with 95 unleaded she took 12.5 litres and was not right up to the brim so had less than 2 litres left in the tank am now thinking with the rust inside the tank that it's clogged the inline filter or the new pump so looks like am draining the petrol out again and stripping the insides of the tank then going to be using the Por-15 kit I got to clean, treat then seal the tank. Will then fit the new Gates hoses probably get yet another new inline filter and check the fuel pump is pumping and not clogged and see if it will run again then.

Plezier

2. It would appear you have the technical help in hand with your diagnosis and remedy plan

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Well have discovered what I think is the issue and it was not what I expected lthough not entirely surprised the fuel hose from the pump has failed so the fuel was squirting out the side instead of along the hose to the inline filter:-

20240708_124001.jpg

At least that is what it looks like to me as have had to strip the tank out might as well do the Por-15 treatment though it means not using or playing on the bike this week basically as it takes 4 days for the sealant to cure so am preparing the tank for it's cleaning to remove any fuel varnish etc so the metal prep can work as it should.

Using short bits of old hose over the steel pipes inside the tank with bolts zip tied into the hose so no stuff gets down inside those pipes as the sealant will block them up.

Plezier

• Like Like x 1
  4. Well the previous owner left the tank dry for over 18 months and it rusted inside then he tried to deal with it using white vinegar and was only partially successful he then filled it with fuel and it sat for another 6 months or more before I came along and bought it. I used electryolsis to get much more of the rust out bought and fitted new fuel pump and inline filter and it was fine until yesterday.

Today I used the Por-15 cleaner and the metal prep which has removed the rust but the kit I got is the wrong one it has NO tank sealer only black rust preventative cannot return it has opened the pack and used to two chemicals so will put the pump back in with the new correct type hose and the in tank inline filter which is not blocked, yes I checked it, just waiting on the tank cooling down asit was too ot to touch comfortably I used a heat gun to dry out the inside after flushing it out.

OK bike is all back together and running again it certainly seems like that split hose was the issue I will take it out for a little ride as I not only want to make sure it's running correctly again but also want to see what the lights are like on it.

Plezier

#4 Plezier, Jul 8, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Welll the bike is running as well as it did before the fuel hose isssue and although many complain about the lights they did not seem bad to me. Maybe there is room for improvement I was riding at 40-55mph like normal and they were fine but compared to the blue white lights of cars they are pretty weak I suppose as yet have not even looked at what bulb it takes maybe getting an Osram Night Breaker as a replacemnt will help things? It's not like I will be doing a lot of night time riding. I will be tryig to find somehwere that will supply the correct Por-15 motorcycle tank kit in the meantime will jusy enjoy the bike.

Plezier

• Like Like x 1
  6. Oh well it did not last long went to go on an evening ride and bike refused to start on listening the pump is priming but some thing is off with the sound opening the filler you could hear the petrol splashing about inside which is not right at all. Turns out that the hose clips I used on the inline filter are not small enough and the hose had been blown off the filters exit tube to had to remove the filler and swap soem things around and once that was done she fired up.

Then this morning again she refused to fire up so investigating found a hose leaking pressure due to these hose clips and once again off with the filler and change some more clips around and got he running once again. Friday will go into town wiht the bits of new hose left and get correct fitting clips so I can change all of the inside the tank to finally sort the problem. It has to Friday as the earliest that can do this as tomorrow we will be too busy as have a buriel to attend in the morning then we have to collect the courier packages for Ekonts office in the small town near to home and get dog food and some veggies.

Plezier

Do Not Sell My Personal Information