Fuel Tap Question

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Nottsbiker, Sep 6, 2023.

1. Hi All,

I've got an early M900 that I'm currently doing a resto-mod build on and need a fuel tap. Unfortunately the main places I've checked dont have any showing as available.

Its the very small type that attaches direct to the side of the tank and I think has a knurled ring to turn it off n on. The SS one looks very similar but has a different part number...

Anyone know if the SS one fits the very first Monster?

Many thanks - Ben

2. No sorry Ben, I'm not sure regarding part numbers, however I'd head over to Stein Dinse as this is a vast source of info on parts, with microfiche for many.models and you can often view the part images too

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Screenshot_20230906_201609_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. I can confirm, this is not the same, having fitted them to tanks before

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cheap enough from Stein Dinse though. Worth ordering other parts if required as postage from Stein Dinse Germany is high

6. Many thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks again - I'll check them out and see what else they have that I need as there is a myriad of small rubber bits etc that I need to order so I'll see what they can do price-wise :)

8. They are one of my go to places, when I need a load of little bits, they have a hell of a lot of stuff and the microfiches with part numbers have helped me out so many times

• Like Like x 1
  9. Get better answers here than in the Monster group! :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I thought they were the same but apparently not

11. Yes but I was told they weren't the same item

12. sorry got side-tracked by DQ post.. yours is for a Monster.. this was a rarity on early bikes only from memory? - will have a search.
    do you have a picture of yours?

13. No picture because the bike didnt come with one when I collected it in a thousand bits ;)

14. ok, how about the union sticking out of the tank, where the fuel cock is supposed to go?

15. Just to confuse matters... Screenshot_20230929_083648_Google.jpg

16. There is a horizontal outlet on the tank which is threaded on the right hand side as you sit on the bike which faces to the left

17. That would only work if there was some kind of adapter bolted onto the tank to create a way of then having a fuel pipe to that style of tap

18. yes, that's the one I remember, other than that I can only recall a simple threaded outlet that possibly went to one or two inline filters at the back/under the tank. i.e. - later versions of the Monster dispensed with an on/off fuel tap altogether.

#20 Chris, Oct 2, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2023
Do Not Sell My Personal Information