V2 Got A Constand For The Panigale V2

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by jayvdz, Jun 4, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Don't know if this is of interest to anyone, but I bit the bullet and bought two of these Constand central stands for my V2 and wife's RS660 from Motea (German), who were terrible, taking ages to deliver, giving no information willingly along the way and no tacking info, but they turned up after a month, and after some construction and huffing and puffing to fit the adapter plates, they’re working.

Getting the stand itself built is easy. Though the instructions for installing the adapter plates you need for each bike are absolutely terrible. Missing information and in my case, the instructions weren’t even for the right bike, and I had to cut away some plastic hidden behind the side fairing to install them (I deemed this to not be a show stopper as you can’t see the area I cut away from, but still not great).

Also, there were no torque settings supplied for any of the bolts. I managed to find all but one of the original bolt torque settings from the OEM documents, but had to guess on one, though of course I used some medium/blue Loctite to secure it, along with all the other new bolts (why are Ducati so bad at supplying workshop documents? I had to work from an outdated 959 workshop manual which doesn't have clear pictures of bolts and torque specs, unlike Aprilia where everything is available online and very graphical in nature).

They work really well though once together and I'm glad I bought them, despite the poor purchase experience. They're easy enough after a bit of practice to get the bikes up on the stand even when doing it solo.

I bought them to hopefully make life easier at trackdays with putting on/taking off tyre warmers, cleaning the wheels, oiling the chain, etc, and also moving the bikes around the garage is now MUCH easier.

IMG_7317.jpg

IMG_7306.jpg

IMG_7300.jpg

2. Or you could get an ABBA stand from Abba in South Woodham Ferrers, Essex. Quick, clear, helpful service, and a wide range of good stands.

3. But totally impractical for the OP’s needs

4. Mystifying post. Abba do a wide range of different types of stands to suit all needs. And they are famously practical.

5. Not practical for a track day pit was my point. I have a skylift and Abba stand myself. I know they are great but really only for your garage.

6. Did look at Abba stands, but they're overkill for what I need, plus double the price. I got two of these for the price of one Abba stand.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information