Guinea Pig/product Tester Required Please! Relates To 899/1199/1299/959

Discussion in 'Speedo Angels' started by MattM, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Over the last 6 months or so, in amongst moving house, having a baby (not me personally, that'll be my wife) and trying to convince my boss that I do indeed have a full-time job I have been working hard on developing a screen protector for the Panigale models.

When I bought my 1199 back in the summer I was pretty peeved when I managed to put a nice scratch on the LCD screen, relatively easily with my glove. So I went online to try and find a screen protector, to try and prevent the scratches getting any worse.

Trouble is, it doesn't look like anyone makes them, so I thought sod it, I'll make my own. This has now transformed into a huge undertaking, working in combination with an extremely good screen protector manufacturer based in Taiwan who have been excellent in seeing this project through to fruition.

So, today through my letterbox arrived my highly anticipated samples!

I have two Panigale model samples, one of which I'm going to fit to my own bike, but I need a willing volunteer to fit the other one to theirs and give me their 100% honest opinions and feedback. It's very important you tell me exactly what you think is good/bad etc about the product so that can be fed into future developments.

This is dragging on a bit, sorry, but let me tell you about the screen protectors.

They are made from PET but are not like the cheap rubbish you get on eBay for your phones/tablets. I have carefully chosen the material to best suit a motorcycle application and not only do they have the benefit of giving your screen scratch resistance, but they are also 'anti-glare' therefore removing reflections, increasing the contrast slightly and making it clearer to read. The actual material has a slight matte finish to it and before applying it, looks slightly odd. But once fitted it all makes sense! They really do improve the readability of the screen. They are also UV resistant adding another layer of protection.

They aren't blue btw, that's just the protective cover over the top of the protector and they fit ALL Panigale models.

They leave no residue, can be lifted/re-applied if you make a mistake and are resistant to fingerprint marks.

I'm very proud of them, but then I guess I'm slightly biased.

So yes, is there anyone out there who would be willing to have the other sample product (for free!) but also be prepared to give me your detailed feedback and probably be continually bothered by me with questions etc once you've fitted it. I would also like your opinion on pricing too, what you think would be fair, should I supply more than one in the pack etc.

Preferably I'd like to send it to someone who will use their bike regularly (unlike me!) so I get some real-world, in the field, feedback.

In the packet you will receive...

1 x screen protector
    1 x suede cloth
    1x cleaning wipe (I personally didn't use this before fitting and I don't think I will supply these to customers in the end)
    1 x dust removal sheet (blue rectangle)
    1 x lift up tape (small clear/red tab)
    1 x small dust removal strip (to be used with the lift tape to remove small bits of dust after you've applied the screen protector)
    2 x super cool 'Speedo Angels' stickers!

Oh yeah, my 'company' is called Speedo Angels, that bit is decided so don't go telling me that sucks please :tongueclosed:

So sorry for the huge post, but as you can tell, I'm pretty excited and wanting to get it right before I eventually end up trying to sell these things!

Any volunteers??

BTW, I am in talks with forum admin about becoming a trader - before anybody mentions it :upyeah:

[​IMG]

#1 MattM, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. happy to help if it fits the 899 mate, i ride every day of the year, based in essex

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Yep, fits the 899/1199/1299/959 so as you're the first to reply you're the lucky person who will be helping me out (and getting a freebie in return!) Can you ping me your address via PM!

4. I think this guy would be a great shout as he uses his bike all year round.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Brilliant!!!
    Love it when owners take the initiative ;)
    I've got a matt screen protector on my oneplus one phone and it works a treat, stops finger marks and helped with the screen clarity.

Goodluck with your venture buddy ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Happy to stick one on my 1299 I'll be using commuting. Picking her up tomorrow.
    I'll also be keeping a video diary of ownership too on my site. So can mention it for that.
    State of the demo bikes screens I've been on are shocking.

7. I wish I had more samples but unfortunately the two I had are allocated out. I will be offering a good discount to forum members though once they're ready for sale [emoji106]

8. Oh and happy 1299 pickup day for tomorrow [emoji1]

9. Make sure the "s" doesn't drop off the beginning of your logo lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. What kind of price are you thinking of retailing them at?

11. I'll give it ago if you want and put feed back on my blog

12. Not sure yet, the trouble I have is that everyone knows how much they cost for a phone/tablet, but I don't have the luxury of the economies of scale associated with these items. These are limited runs where I've had to have the tooling made specifically for me and paid a higher price due to low numbers being produced. That being said I should be able to churn them out for under a fiver each, hopefully less!

How does that sit with people?

• Like Like x 1
  13. I'd love to be able to give out more but I don't currently have any unfortunately as I had just the one to give out.

14. £5 to protect an expensive screen prone to scratches within 600 miles is a bargain mate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. I really hope the wider Panigale community shares this sentiment [emoji1]

16. [emoji50]

17. Can I pre order please, and you have a great product there :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Hi , I have had a panni , now I have the 1200 monster . On e bay their must be 15-20 adverts for screen covers which are exactly the same as the panni all as cheap as chips !
    Merry crimbo

• Like Like x 1
  19. That's why I've not done a monster version! The screens are not the same, I know because I bought a pack of their monster protectors to check, oh and the material they use is garbage.

#19 MattM, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Right ok , I must have got a good one some how. Maybe you should do a better one instead of all the rubbishy ones out their . Keep up the good work.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information