Hamilton To Ferrari

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ducv2, Feb 1, 2024.

1. That's put Ferrari's share prices up.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. And Toto's blood pressure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Two has beens joining forces?

• Like Like x 1
  4. I wonder how long Ferrari will keep Mr Whinge .

5. Thought youd be a huge fan with that user name lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. Am i right in thinking Mansell was the last englishman to drive for Ferrari?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Most English men at ferrari get sacked mid season. Mr Whinge is not liked in Stevenage, because he always criticised the place. He has money but never uses it for good , and his fashion sense wouldn't look out of place on an Ali G mankini film . Those are his plus points I suppose.....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I think every F1 driver would want to drive for Ferrari, it’s Ferrari. I think he said some time ago that he’d love to drive for them one day.
    Can he win the championship with them? Time will tell.
    Good luck to him

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Dunno ..... after reading your post I had a look here , but searching by nationality didn't look easy -

https://www.f1-fansite.com/f1-teams/ferrari-f1-information-statistics/

A related question ....
    When did Ferrari last win the championship ( since the demise of Schumacher ) ?

I was passionate about F1 back in the glory days of Prost and Senna , but the "politics"
    ruined my enjoyment .
    The fantastic innovations of Chapman / Lotus ( skirts , active suspension etc. ) were ruled out ,
    for no intelligent reason whatsoever !

#10 oldtech, Feb 2, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
  10. Kimi was the last drivers champion for Ferrari but I don’t think they won the constructors that year, I can’t remember. That was 2007

Edit, just had a look, they won the constructors in 2007 and 2008. Too long for a massive outfit like Ferrari.

• Like Like x 2
  11. I'm not much of a betting man myself but if I were looking for a sporting wager
    it would be to call the number of races needed to clinch the championship .

FWIW ..... this is how the bookies are calling the odds on their top 10 contenders .

Max Verstappen
    1/4
    Lewis Hamilton
    8/1
    Lando Norris
    14/1
    Charles Leclerc
    22/1
    George Russell
    25/1
    Sergio Perez
    25/1
    Fernando Alonso
    40/1
    Oscar Piastri
    40/1
    Carlos Sainz
    50/1
    Daniel Ricciardo
    100/1

source : www.oddschecker.com

12. It was Mansell - Eddie Irvine the last Brit

Ferrari F1 drivers · RaceFans

I hope he does it mainly cos i cant stand Verstrapon and the way he won *that title, I'm kind of anyone but him (same as 93 in MGP).

13. They were talking about this on the radio last night and by all accounts Ferrari's new boss man or technical head honcho or somebody high up in the team is an old mate of Hamilton's from back in his F3 days which was probably a big factor in him moving.

They also mentioned technical rules changing for 2026 and that the cars can't be developed during the previous season. Or summat like that because I was in the middle of a highly technical bubble & squeak flip over at the time. Any way what it amounted to was they reckon Ferrari might well have a decent chance for the 2026 season hence his decision to move now.

14. Never thought I’d see the day. But good luck to him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Good luck to him.
    Though I lost interest in F1 a long time back. Just so boring to watch now. Back when Shu was running Mr Hill off the track though…that was a spectacle!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Zero interest in f1

If it was more about the driver than the car, then maybe. But technology has ruined the sport imo

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Based on the seasons end and Lewis leaving Merc I'd say:

Max, Perez, Leclerc, Morris/ Russell/ Sainz, Hamilton as final season positions

Leclerc/ Russell must prove their worth or become number 2 in 2025
    Sainz/ Norris need to prove they are worthy of Perez/ Hamiltons current positions

BTW
    What do you think of the team name Visa Cash App RB? AlphaTauri has been renamed ahead of the 2024 season, the team announced on Wednesday.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ferrari have a decent package but their strategy at times is Keystone Cops gold. I think they’ll drive Hamilton mental. I wish he’d got Sergio Perez’s seat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I think it's superb ..... it's really snappy , and certain to stick in people's heads
    ...... and bring in huge amounts of new business ...... :joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information