Hello :) First question here....1100 Evo q

Discussion in 'Monster' started by MarkyRR, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Hello folks. I visited my local dealer today to look at an 1100 Evo. Never had anything Ducati other than sportsbikes, so its new territory to me. Anyway, test ride booked for next Monday but I've got a question for you folks here please, if you don't mind. My storage has quite a narrow entrance, and I forgot to measure the width of the Evo. Any chance someone could measure their Evo from mirror tip to mirror tip for me please?

Also, anything I should particularly look out for next Monday? Looking forward to it, I have to say! :)

Cheers!

Mark

2. A little under 38 inches Mark :upyeah:

3. Anything you need to look out for?

Just be aware that it doesnt enjoy pootling about under 4K, so you might be slipping the clutch a bit more than you would on a multi cylinder. But youll get used to it and Im sure youll love it :wink:

Let us know how you get on.

Bonz

4. Cheers Bonzo! Sounds like the rest of the Duc range then, slipping clutches at low revs/speeds! Can't wait to get back to the fold, I have to say! Already got the figures to include the Termi's etc, which I've always have on my Ducati's, which I've read really help with the lower speed behaviour.

I may well go for a small pair of folding bar end mirrors as it's just slightly too wide to get through the doorway to my storage.

I'll keep you posted!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information