Hello From Macclesfield

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Roger Coleman, Apr 16, 2024.

1. Super newbie here, took the plunge in my 60th year to take my bike test (June 2023) and opted for a Desert X. I'm into anything with an engine & have loved learning on the X. I did however feel it was a bit vanilla ice cream but without the sprinkles, so decided to have it wrapped (also adding some rassberry sauce!) I have now decided I want to stretch my legs a little & go further afield so have placed an order for a Pikes Peak, figuring as long as I keep it in Urban or wet I will remain reasonable safe :p

IMG_4020_1.jpeg

IMG_4018_1.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Crickey, must of reduced the photo size to much...

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Good stuff! Welcome :upyeah:

4. Brilliant
    Welcome into our mad house :)

5. Welcome! I’m just down the road from you and go through Macc all the time - let me know if you’re up for a ride out!

6. Afternoon, welcome to the forum :upyeah:

7. That would be great, think the rains holding off soon. Appreciate the warm welcome all :upyeah:

8. Welcome and enjoy.

9. I'm also from Macclesfield way. So if you guys are planning a small ride out, let me know.

I regularly plan my routes with a cafe stop, so visit Flash Stores,The Old Smithy in Monyash and the cafe over in Manifold valley.

10. I’m up for that - I often call in at Tagg Lane just up the road for Monyash for an ice cream when I’m out on my rides. Let’s get something sorted!

11. Ah yes, I know that ice cream place. I went past there twice on Wednesday as one of the main roads around that way is closed.

12. Yes up for that, not been to any of those places, I'm in Gawsworth. On a Bikesafe ride out tomorrow. I am available most anyday...

13. If ya’ll have a ride out you can name the group ‘The Mac Lads’

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Weather dependent, I'm planning a Macc lads ride out on Wednesday or Saturday morning. I'll be heading out around 10am (ish). Leaving from Buxton road in Macclesfield, heading over the cat'n'fiddle, towards the Mermaid Inn, then over to Manifold valley before heading over to Monyash. Possible cafe stop here, before heading home.

If anyone is interested, just let me know which day suits.

Screenshot_20240513_073110_Beeline.jpg

15. Typical, lunch appointment Wednesday & bike service 11am Saturday at Stoke Ducati.....

16. Ah well, no problem.

Let me know in the future if you want to meet up. I'm out over in the Peak District, weather dependent, one or two days a week.

17. Certainly will, well get round to it sooner rather than later...

18. I can't make it either I'm afraid. I am so far free on Tuesday 21st though, if that's any use? I may well head out for a blat on that day.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information