899 Help Ducati Panigale 899

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Ducati levi, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Hi all again can someone help towards putting my mind at rest haha, I’m totally new to Ducati Panigale 899 so sorry if I sound dumb does a panigale sound like the video I’ve attached that was a cold start up the reason for my mind playing games the previous owner clearly didn’t have a clue (nice guy mind yeah) but didn’t have a clue when it comes to filling oil my oil is basically at the top of the window so tomorrow I’m going to get it back to the correct marker thanks for any help on this question. My 2nd question I’ve noticed when I put the bike into first the rev will rev up one notch on its own is that normal on a Ducati Panigale 899 thanks for any help please see the utube video below. It had a desmo service at 15k it’s now on 16,700miles
    https://youtube.com/shorts/jY57HK7db7A?feature=share

2. It’s hard to tell from a video but that sounds ok to me, what’s your concern with the sound?

Re the oil level, the bike must be perfectly level which is not always possible. Certainly you’ll need 2 people to check the oil level, one to hold the bike level on level ground and one to view through the sight glass. You can do it single handed but it’s not that easy. If you’re saying the oil is up to the top of the sight glass when the bike is in its side stand then that’s definitely too much in there.

3. these bikes are well known for strange noises and so i think we are more tuned to hearing odd noises

they make different nosies that come and go all across the rev range, and then sound different with visor up or down, so they play tricks on you

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Sounds perfect to me I miss that sound track
    There is no mistaking a Ducati rumble :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. @West Cork Paul is absolutely correct re oil level and the necessity to have the bike dead level, both wheels on the ground.
    Oil should be upper line for road use and lower (or just above if you’re of a nervous disposition) line for track. Check when cold.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thank you everyone who has commented it’s put my mind at rest now suppose I saw the oil window and presumed oh shit to much oil and read lots of posts about what can happen when u have to much oil so scared myself by reading posts lol. I’ll get it up straight and see if I can take a pic of the marker and post it. Also what about the rev go up one notch when I put it into 1st is that normal thanks everyone

7. Sounds just like mine.

Going from N to a gear changes the load on the engine - it was spinning freely and then you asked it to spin a bunch of cogs in the gearbox. The ECU will add some revs to compensate for the increase in load

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Thanks Noonooo for answering that question cheers mate

9. I posted the same video pretty much when I got mine as the clutch sounded noisier than I remember my old one being, but yeah, seems normal

10. Sounds perfect to me (as other have said).
    Good luck with the oil but if a pita but worth checking properly.

11. Checking the oil on your own??…absolute doddle…

Use your camera phone ;) :D

Sit on the bike keeping it perfectly upright, switch camera phone on, dangle arm down the side of bike, aim at the oil sight keeping camera square and click away, you’ll get something like this,…or even better :bucktooth:

25691665-0728-45D8-8463-0CCF067CCE65.jpeg

You might have to have a couple of goes adjusting the angle of dangle, but you get the idea ;) :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Hahaha. Mine definitely has a lot more then that in mate just sorting it now so will get a picture up soon

13. Oil sorted I must of took a litre out easy using the wife’s Turkey base syringe quick clean she will never no hahahaha I’m just above the top marker now and just out on a quick blast the gears seem so much better

IMG_1077.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Sounds like my 899 but as other have said they do make some interesting noises and it still takes some getting used to especially if your used to Japanese engine sounds.

15. I just feel much better having u lot tell me it’s normal it was having way to much oil that sent my mind into overdrive but the ride just it felt like a different bike not sure if that was just me but felt lot smoother and my exhausts now and then poping where I definitely didn’t hear that on my first ride in the lanes lol

• Love You Love You x 1
  16. some people say in response to whatever:

"it's a Ducati"

maybe

"it's not a Honda"

would make it clearer

17. that number plate is 1 letter out from my 899…. Mad hey? I bet it originally came from P&H motorcycles? I’ll guess dec2014?

18. haha was urs OSA haha I reckon it did as well mate

19. mine is OSA yeah and my original one was YVS, that was P&H also

20. Hahah how mad is that I saw a post yesterday when I was reading and I think u put a post up with the advert I looked at it and had to take a look at my registration pmsl

Do Not Sell My Personal Information