HELP NEEDED getting bike to Donny DUK day

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by bradders, May 9, 2013.

1. Bit stuck...

Normally have a tow bar, and new car not here yet so haven't, so can't tow my bike with hire car. Also, can't get one fitted locally to my wifes 307cc (dont fit to those sir :rolleyes: and all the pain I went thru convincing her to have one!)

Now, I'm off to Angelsey with said wife on the Friday before, helping a mate racing in DD and was planning to go straight from there to Donny on BH Mon, stay over, TD tue and drive home. So van hire would be ridiculous extra cost...

Only alternative right now is ride bike to A'sey, wife follows in her car, lock and leave til Mon, ride to Donny, again wife following, then TD and ride home same day....doesnt fill me with delight at the thought.

So, happy to contribute to fuel, would need to be someone with an honest face :wink: and I'd have to drop them the bike Thurs to pick up again prob Weds night

Live Gosport so within an hour would be useful...anyone ??? :upyeah:

2. Yep. Just over an hour, north of Salisbury.

also, are snells supporting the event? Would they be able to take the bike up for you?

#2 abmatt2002, May 9, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
  3. They are but no space alas. I will be in their garage tho. I may have option now to get it there, bit of faffing but doable..but will have to ride home after TD

4. Cool. Well the space is there at the moment.

5. You coming along to Popham this Sunday Matt?

6. Bradders I don't know If this will help but I'm about ten mins from donny and if you want to bring your bike to mine prior to the day and pick it up when required just let me know

7. Cheers appreciate it...long as you have an honest face ;) lol

8. Bloody hell mate don't know about that :). On a serious note though you can either store it at my warehouse which is secure to hmrc standard which is just off j13 of the m42 or at my house which is a little further. Then after the track day if you want to utilise again till you want to pick up you can.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Whats going on at popham?

10. Meet at 11 at loomies, short ride to Popham airfield for a Ducati meet normally from 1230-1pm onwards. Been going years, 2nd Sunday of the month. I should be there, pass permitting

11. Never knew about that one. I might have to try and get a pass, but I doubt it will happen this weekend.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information