Help Needed Re Dash Warning Lights. Pani 1299s.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by flipper, May 18, 2016.

1. Hi guy's looking for a little help from any tech guru.

Long story short, had a little prang on my Pani 1299S, front mudguard was ripped off snapping both brake line from left to right caliper and the speedo/ABS sensor wires.
    I was able to ride home, obviously the dash was lit up like a xmas tree but apart from no front brake everything else worked fine.
    With everything back together (I soldered the ABS/Speedo sensor wires back together). I went for a test ride, still have all the warning lights flashing (see photo, reset required I feel) speedo not working, SPORT riding mode light flashing plus DTC, DWC, ABS postion indications are blank with EBC working ok.
    Dash.JPG
    My question is : Does anyone know if this is normal after a fault and a reset will cure the speedo, DTC, DWC, ABS etc. Could do with a bit of insight before going any further.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. my only advice would be;
    REPLACE all effected items, then have everything checked/cleared at the Ducati dealer.
    Theres too much at risk to have a faulty/intermittent sensor/wire etc.

3. All of these features depend on the speed sensor producing a signal and its signal matching that from the rear wheel sensor. If it doesn't they will switch off and show an error on the dash. I think you will need a new front speed sensor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thanks Derek, I have a new one on the way, realise reset is required just thought the speedo itself would come back to life after the repair. I know of one guy who repaired the frayed wires on his without any problems, but must have caught it in time as his didn't register a fault.

5. Agreed, just was surprised the speedo has stayed down.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information