Help with my new m620IEs commuter.

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Lucazade, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Well picted it up today, seller forgot to mention bike is about 50% assembled so I dug in and started reassembling. Never put a 695 apart so no idea what is what electric wise so need help. Same goes for injectors.
    First off all is there any difference between 620IE and 620IEs?

Ok now to the subject.
    First off all injectors. See two photos below, does it all look ok? Which one is the fuel in line as for me it looks like there is two fuel in lines.

[​IMG]

2nd photo is injectors I have lying around from 620IE, looks different.

[​IMG]

This is a part behind head-light. What is it and where does "Connector A" connects to. To me it looks like to the unknown part but as you can see that connector is square-ish while hole in the unknown device is more round.

[​IMG]

4x a Pair of bullet connectors. On picture you can see only one as example and where it is coming from.
    What is that pair of bullet connectors used for, as it is head-light I am thinking left indicator. Am I correct?

[​IMG]

The other 3 pairs left:
    1. Front brake light switch bullet connector. Comes directly out of loom.
    2. A pair of bullet connectors that come out of the same sub-loom as kill/starter switch connector block. That is right indicator.
    3. Unknown in purpose again comes out of main loom together with brake light bullet connectors. Located on right hand side of head stock. Any suggestions, maybe horn if I can find it?

Connectors I have identified plus two unknown relays:

[​IMG]

What is this pair of cables coming out of the dash? See no where to plug it in to.

[​IMG]

2. reminds me of this Lucas

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Peter it is so much nicer now.

I have identified all of the connectors and am like 90% to 100% certain (depending which one) I ID it correctly.

I now know why plug for air pressure/temp is not fitting as in their wisdom, genuine wisdom, ducati changed it on 695 and maybe later model to generic fiat unit at a cost of £25 not Magnetti at a price of £120.

Two extra wires in dash are for led as old loom had data tool.

Still having issue with head light and left indicator but I suspect it is due to 620 ECU not being compatible with 695 loom. For start light is automatic on 695 not so on 620. Yet light comes on, then after 1m it does not go off as ECU is not switching it off. Indicators also go via ECU.

I have one connector which I am 60% certain is clutch switch, no biggi bike starts with it and with out it on running bikes as long as in neutral, will test when bike is running.

Bought a brand new, uncoded 695 ecu for 12% GBP :) Should have it by Wednesday latest.

Injectors, fuel lines and pressure regulator are now fitted in place correct way. 695 has pressure regulator as part of pump assembly, 620 does not so moved the one from 620 injectors.
    Now when I put ignition on fuel pump primes the system and hoses go stiff from pressure. All good.

Still looking for m620 rear wheel nut, tea tray is someone got spare lying around, need to buy said air pressure/temp sensor and cherry switch later on for clutch switch.

Tomorrow will reassemble head-light, attach dash, screen. Monday will clean the chain and put it on sprocket, reassemble rear wheel correctly plus start looking for a nut that will fit as I must have something. If I do will finish that as well. Will start pressurising the clutch. Saying that coffin type reservoirs so slow process. Tuesday I might have the ECU in which case will play with electrics and do small test. If no ECU change oil.
    Wednesday proper test assuming it starts with new ECU plus learn how to do TPS reset.
    Thursday beer and more testing, maybe not in that order.
    Friday more testing, guess fuck or beer (both?!).
    Saturday will take it to work.

4. Good on :upyeah:yer for trying Lucas, hope you are on the back nine now.

5. Bike looks like this now:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Is that it in the background? :wink: That pizza delivery wagon thingy? :biggrin:

7. That's a mobile wheely bin.

8. It is noisier then Ducati, has a dry clutch, can take loads of luggage and passenger in comfort (comparing to other motorcycle). Has good tank range and fuel economy...... A multistrada for 2015?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information