Hi all

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Zimbo, Mar 12, 2012.

1. A lot of familiar faces in here!
    Hello everybody :)

2. Hi G, same old same old, still keeps em off the streets at night.

3. Evening Zimbo......hey, had Monica in the other month for a heart transplant......and she was filtheir than when you had her !

4. Lol she was only filthy after taking a gravel bath!! Nice to know she's still going strong, I spoke to the guy on the Monster forum, he seems very pleased with her! Nice to catch up again Nog :)

5. He was proud that he hadnt washed her in the 4 years he'd owned her Zim.....the rear shock snapped when I took the swingarm out...jumping railway bridges apparently, all the steering stops are broken off, every nut and bolt was seized, rounded, rung off, corroded or broken........but she's much better now, but still needs tlc....she has new yokes, forks, engine ( 900), rear shock, bigger ( 180 section) rear wheel, clip ons........

6. Hello Graeme :) I have found a engine at long last, a st2 lump.

7. To Nog: Not washing her for four years, shame! Does she still have the gold sparkle and gravel rash by Dream Machine paint job??

Nice one Steve, that'll be a nice engine, I'm quite enjoying my ST2, although I added an Sr2800 monster to the stable last night as well, must get out for a first ride today ...

8. I wouldnt call it Gold sparkle quite Zim.....gold left over from an old tin might be a more apt description.....plenty of gravel rash tho....and bent bits on the frame, broken steering stops, battery acid marks and all manner of disgustingness !

9. Excellent! I recall I simply sprayed gold from an old left over aerosol in the air over the tank and let it settle, then clear lacquered it, this to break up the gloss and disguise the deep scratches in the paintwork caused by a 100mph crash into Gerrards at Mallory. I suppose some might call it an "authentic patina" perhaps??

10. Welcome in Zimbo

11. G'Day Graeme glad you found us......are you still riding the Multi?

cheers
    AndyP

12. Hi Andy,
    No, the multi is sold I'm afraid, currently have a 750SSie, an ST2 and a S2R800 monster.

13. Hi Graeme. Good to see you here. Hope all is well with you!

14. Yes good here thanks Dave, how are you guys all doing? Not heard from you in ages!

15. All good thanks. Kids and the Mrs are all fine - and the menagerie continues to grow with the recent addition of a dog to the family!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information