Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by B120, Apr 7, 2023.

1. Hey everyone.
    I have been riding on and off for last the 30 years mainly soulless Jap sports bikes.
    My first bike was a cbr600 great bike,
    The last few years or so I have been riding much less, lost the love enjoyment I once had riding.

I have always been Ducati fanboy since the legendary 916 996 998 Foggy Bayless days,
    That big twin rumble and dry clutch set up with stunning looks stole my heart.
    A recent small win fall has got me thinking its now or never!!
    I'm excited to say I am looking to buy my dream bike a Ducati 996/998
    Cheers!

• Like Like x 3
  2. i had a couple of cbr600rr's, i loved 'em, got fed up with scream on motorways tho

• Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome into our mad house :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Greetings! Where d' you get a name like that?

b120.jpg b120.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. 100% I covered 30k and a few track days on mine never missed a beat great first bike.

6. Welcome

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Welcome and enjoy.

Good luck finding your dream!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hi and welcome
    My first bike was a cbr600rr
    My first love for a Ducati was a test ride on a 1098 s, sadly couldn’t afford it at the time, bought my first last year , a panigale v4

9. Cheers
    The Panigale is a stunning bike :upyeah: the twin is in my budget so tempting

• Like Like x 1
  10. Welcome to the forum.:)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Update
    I picked up dusty 996 :)
    its been sitting for 15 years, its incredibly dusty, I have done is blow it off with a airline and remove and clean the fairing, Work in progress :cool:

d1.JPG

d2.JPG

d3.JPG

d4.JPG

d5.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  12. and so it begins

after hondas i find the Ducati always need something doing to it, they are frustrating and annoying and sometimes make you question whether its worth it with grief (and heart ache), to there point i went and looked at getting a brand new CBR600 recently, (it was disappointing to say the least, no lust for it at all, very cheapo)

mines it pretty much perfect now, ive had clutch problems (£1200) fork seals (£300) leaky fuel tank (£200) dead battery, new tyres, and more, so im guessing yours will need loads doing if its been sat for a few years

thing is when i go in the garage and pull the sheet off, thats forgotten.

someone i know had his 899 3 weeks and got his money back, for me i made my mind to stick with it when its on form on a hot sunny day its the bollox, love it

• Like Like x 1
  13. Beautiful machines the 899 :upyeah:
    So far with the monster 1200s only a battery, The 996 I will probably have to dip into the federals reserve :dizzy:

14. My experience with 3 of the 748/9** desmo bikes under my belt is that so long as you look after them they are pretty good. Lots and lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here to help too. Congratulations and enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information