'Hi' from Suffolk

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by AlfG, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Just wanted to say 'Hi' on joining your forum.

I currently own a 2007 1098s with just over 6k miles that I purchased at the end of June this year, and I can say is not currently quite what I expected.

Having owned a 1998 748 for a few years back in 2002 I thought I had some idea of what I might be letting myself in for, but this 1098s is far from that.

Apart from a few minor cosmetics and Termis, I have a feeling the previous owner may have buggered the bike up with his tinkering (I just had it MOT'd and the inspector commented that the suspension was too hard even for track use), so I just need some time to set everything back to standard and start afresh, and I'm sure the bike and I will bond just as I have with my GSXR 750.

2. Hello and welcome :smile: setting everything back to factory will make the bike feel totally different. The original Ohlins are very plush when set up right :upyeah: May be worth checking that the bike is running the race filter and ecu to go with the cans too

3. Hi AlfG and welcome. I am Ipswich based but do not yet have a Ducati.

4. Hi ALFG and a very good welcome, I am slightly north of Norwich, and ride an 1198 do you know MCT in Stowmarket Daren is very hot on suspension, and at a reasonable cost.
    Bomaris

5. Welcome - can you do owt' about them tractors on your roads?

6. +1

Al

7. Hello and welcome!

8. Welcome to the forum

9. Hello and welcome, from Norwich

10. Welcome to the Mad house

11. hi, welcome....but...
    dont mention the bbc ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information