Hi Guys

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by YouOnlyLiveTwice, Jan 31, 2016.

1. New to this forum. Bad reason for joining too as I am selling my Ducati Sport Classic. Any tips on the best place/way to do this - I'm getting nothing from my AutoTrader advert.

2. If the bike is straight and priced right it should sell no problem. Pop up a link and we'll have a look

3. Stick it on ebay as a classified ad

4. Just had a quick look on AT. There's 2 bikes and one is from a dealer at £6k ish so I'm guessing yours is the £10k one. I'm no expert on sport classics but 10k sounds a lot. On eBay there's a few cheaper than yours from dealers too inc a faired version. I understand that Paul smart prices have gone crazy and faired SC are doing the same. A dealer might get £7-8k for one but private it's more like £6k from my 3 minutes research.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Welcome Grilla :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yes, my bike is the more expensive one. The other one wasn't there when I put my ad up and is a GT not a SC. The two on eBay have both done over 20,000 miles. Any feedback to help it shift would be great.

#6 YouOnlyLiveTwice, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  7. Cheers

8. I'd delete that link as no doubt that's where your bike lives?

9. Couple of observations I'd say ...

1. Wrong time of year
    2. Very small market for this particular bike
    3. It's expensive in comparison to others sold on eBay over last months
    4. Your location I assume is way way down south which limits it to loads of northerners
    5. This may sound harsh but it doesn't look immaculate in the pics. And when you ask top dollar it's got to be in my opinion. whether it just needs a good fettle or is it corrosion on the front cylinder ,forks, engine casings etc.

If it was 6-7k I'd guess it'd sell but £10k buys a lot of bike nowadays in the used market.

#9 d8mok, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  10. Thanks for the comments. You're right, it probably needs a bit of a fettle - there's no corrosion.

11. Great that it's just dirt and not corrosion. I'd give it a really good clean , take some pics and put it on eBay classified ad.

12. Hello from Morzine, Dave :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information