Hi I'm new here and just bought this

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by slickmouse, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Ducati MULTISTRADA 1000 DS | eBay

Its getting delivered soooooon can't wait, took me about 5 minutes to decide never ridden a Ducati before but as usual I've jumped in without looking!

I'm in Fife in Scotland :upyeah:

2. Welcome to Ducati ownership, shame weather is not better, would have been a hell of a run in back home for you.

3. I don't think I could have picked a worse time lol

4. Well you have plenty of excellent roads up their to get to know it.

5. When I get the bike, is there anything I should do or know ?

6. By the time you have ridden it from Exeter to Fife you will know everything! And remember, if you think it is making a lot of rattling noises and sounds like it is about to fall apart, then everything is spot-on perfect!! :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Me, I would check the history regarding the cam belts..... If in any doubt get them changed, oil and filter while your at it...... Then ride and :))
    Enjoy.

8. waw! great buy! low milage, looks the part!
    perfect bike for bonny scotland!

grtz

Koen

9. Oooo lovely
    Best sometimes to just jump in good way to learn
    Hello and welcome to the forum

10. Thanks for all the kind words, I'm having it delivered so not riding it from Exeter, the garage are doing a service, MOT and cam belts too, cannae wait

• Like Like x 2
  11. There's only one thing I would recommend that you do - The timing belts are mileage OR age dependant - they are recommended to be changed every TWO years - doesn't matter how much mileage it has done.

I.E. It could have been in a garage for two years and not done any mileage at all - but those belts will need changing! They only cost about in the region of 45-50 quid for a set for that engine and you "could" fit them yourself (not that hard) or get them done at the garage - either way get them done! don't believe anyone who says the belts have been done - get them done yourself and have piece of mind!!

Aside from that and the usual checks like chain tension etc.. which are par for the course for any bike all you need to do then is just enjoy it!

Nice buy by the way - I have been eyeing up that same bike for about a month on ebay - but too far away for me - and you have a good 14K miles to go before the major service too, so plenty of time to get to know it!

edit - just noticed you're getting the belts done - good! :upyeah::upyeah:

12. Where, man. Where? I haven't seen them for less than £100.

13. Welcome Slickmouse
    hope you don't like being at home too much ....Scotland + Multistrada = lots of riding opportunities
    me very jealous.:upyeah:

and you are just round the corner from Milovanmultistrada

you may want to check out ...not that we want you to stop coming here but you may find some local riding buddies
    Ducati UpNorth

keep us up to speed with your new ride
    cheers
    Andy
    (southern softie)

14. Hi, SP are a good bunch, I've bought a couple of bikes there over the years, very genuine lot and will probably try to talk you into joining them on one of their track sessions. :upyeah:

15. ...and because the weather's shite laddie may I strongly suggest a nice fresh set of Michelin PR's. Aye to the PR3. Ride wi confidence.

• Like Like x 1
  16. got a set for my 900ss ie from riders in Cardiff for just under £50 - the 1000ds MST is a similar engine and the belts should be in the same region pricewise.

17. Multi ones are one of a kind and Gates only make them for Ducati under license (not allowed to sell them themselves).....so we get to pay £102 a pair from the dealers if they are feeling charitable.

Can get Exactafit ones from C A Works in America but you don't save much

18. Hi and welcome to the forum. Looks a great bike and nice that it has the panniers and low mileage; how do you own one of these bikes and only do a 1000 miles a year? Just sold my 2011 Multistrada with 12500 miles on.
    My lad has a 2005 620 Multistrada and so far it's been a great bike with no issues, don't let anyone call it a " fuglystrada" either! :smile:
    Any doubt when the belts were changed then get them replaced.

19. still cheaper than a new engine :upyeah: £4.25 a month for 2 years for piece of mind is good value :wink:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information