High-level Exhaust Brackets For 888 Sp

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by KevB, Feb 22, 2022.

1. Looking for a pair of fixed exhaust brackets that actually fit the exhaust:
    SilMotor_TooSmallBracket - Copy_LI.jpg
    This exhaust is a Sil Motor high-level cabon (50/52MM) but the brackets supplied are not tall enough to allow the standard retaining bolt through. Cheers.

2. You could maybe check, I think 900ss high level fitment cans are identical...just to expand your search.
    Cheers
    Grant

3. If the brackets unbolt, try turning them about face, so the long side is higher...

4. Cheers both. Yep looking for 900SS parts also... flippin' frustrating...! How hard can it be to cut and fold a piece of metal to the correct spec'!? Not sure if the nuts are fixed inside to the carbon tube so nervous about undoing the bolt and the nut being loose. Instead I thnk am going to split the countersunk head from the sleeve of the bolt shroud so that the sleeve can be inserted and the countersunk head will effectively then just be a washer held in place by the bolt.

5. I might have a pair, but it could be a couple of days before I have time to search for them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Apologies, all I can find are some shabby single sided ones and some crap aftermarket Stainless strap brackets.

P2230008.JPG

7. Cheers for looking Nasher :) Currently reforming the brackets off the exhausts to see if altering angles will actually give some additional clearance for the standard bolt shrouds. Failing that, I will get some new pieces made... fingers crossed!

8. So job jobbed! Seam grips, metal file, and brute force and they sort of fit...
    ExhaustSM.PNG
    Thanks for the help. Cheers, Kev.

• Like Like x 6
Do Not Sell My Personal Information