I thought I was going to be a fair weather motorcyclist!

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Stressed Hippo, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Took my Diavel out today. Admittedly, it was dry & sunny when I started out, but 130 miles later, I got home having ridden through rain & hail storms, and guess what - I loved every minute of it!!!! OK, so it took me longer to clean her afterwards, but that is part of the pleasure also, happy days indeed.

Anyone else been out today?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Only as far as Guildford to have the bike cleaned and ACF50'd to protect it for the winter. I was not riding very well - did the lovely technical Mytchett-Pirbright twisties badly.

While I wouldn't set out for a ride in the rain (unless it's the daily commute or I'd pre-booked e.g. an on-road training course), I've often found it's not so bad if it does start raining while I'm out as long as I've got the right kit. Heated grips certainly help - even though my supposedly waterproof gloves aren't fully waterproof, the heat helps make up for the sogginess.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah. Brecon, Abergavenny , Ryder , Llandovery , sennybridge , Neath, and home. Loved every minute of it. My arms are about two inches longer after riding the fighter. De frosting now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hi, I agree on your approach to riding out in "weather". Was it Billy Connolly who said "there is no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing"! What is ACF50 and does it protect the bike for winter riding, or when put away or "sorn'ed"? Rgds, SH

5. Sounds like a fantastic route for scenery. I'll bet the roads are great for biking too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. They are :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hi Ducbird, I was planning to get over to the Welsh borders next spring for walking / biking. Any recommendations for the latter - both in terms of routes and biker-friendly stops? Cheers, SH

Do Not Sell My Personal Information