Iconic Things you own.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by peter james, Mar 4, 2014.

1. I own a Ducati (a 999) , maybe the 916 is the only "iconic ducati shape ,but I'd say Ducati is an iconic brand regardless of which model you own .
    But what else do I own that's iconic . About the only thing I can think of is my Iphone surely that's an icon in terms of mobile phone communications technology.
    What else . ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sorry but there is nothing Iconic about an iphone.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Spoilsport.

• Like Like x 1
  4. got an old mobile phone. think i was the first in argyll to get one. battery lasted 9hrs. and only get reception if i hung upside down from one of the chandeliers.

5. 748
    911 Turbo (930)
    Commodore 64

• Like Like x 2
  6. Don't own anything iconic, just stuff that I like

7. Ooh 930 Turbo :upyeah:

Apart from the 748 maybe a SNES? Or even my N64 with Goldeneye - What an Iconic game!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ducati Monster M600 Dark.
    MkIII Mini 850.
    Tag Monaco Caliber 12.

That's pretty much it as far as "iconic" things I currently own.

Used to have a MkI VW Golf GTI, in black...

I reckon it depends how you define "icon" - it means different things to different people.

9. Not me but my brother owns 2 (don't ask me why he bought 2 though...) surf boards that are copies, there was a special run done by the bloke that did the one on apocalypse now. The scene where he goes surfing and hes got the "death from above" surf board. I still don't know why to this day that he bought 2 as he doesn't even like water/swimming!

10. The stamp album that my mother bought for me over 50 years ago.This started me on a hobby that lasted many years.I still look at my collections of stamps,mostly early British Commonwealth,every now and again.
    I hate to admit I did train spotting as well.:rolleyes:

11. 916, Gibson Les Paul Standard, Fender American Deluxe...erm....some nice old Moore & Wright thread gauges, micrometers, dial gauges, verniers and i used to have an engineers flat but lost it. Even though it weighed a ton. ffs. I would love to add a Myford Super 7 to my collection but alas I have neither the money nor the time now. I also have an astronomical compass from a WWII bomber. Bought by accident but its a cool thing.

A nice collection of Naglers. :wink:

VW Campervan...rust on wheels, with a bed and cooker

12. I think you can count the first generation iphone as iconic. I have a second gen 3G. Otherwise...
    748s
    999 (becoming iconic)
    Corgi Lotus JPS 72
    Dalek (not life size though...)
    cardboard cut out Buffy the Vampire Slayer (life size)
    I'm now thinking I'm on the wrong forum... :smile:

13. This is a bit like room 101!.. For me... I would say my 2005 Aprilia RS125 is starting to become an icon, because it's the last of the full power, non messed around with 2-strokes and many of us cut our teeth riding those things.

I did however have a 748, an Icon for sure, and an RS250 which was probably the most Iconic bike I will ever be lucky enough to own, maybe the thread should be "Things you owned and sold, then realised they were Iconic".

14. all property is theft!

15. Fuck off hippy

• Like Like x 5
  16. Got one of these.

[​IMG]

This'll be one one day.

[​IMG]

#16 Wrecked, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Ive got a dualit toaster - never thought of it as I icon, more something that heats bread up....does it really well, owned it about 15 years now and it needed a timer control switch which cost me 12 quid....top stuff...

• Like Like x 1
  18. dualit are the best. we have one at work. all other toasters are shit. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Apart from the SS, an AGA; a Bere**a; Hohner harmonicas; a Fairbairn-Sykes; many original vinyls including Disraeli Gears, Electric Ladyland, Physical Graffiti and Dark Side of the Moon; Levi jacket; a Met Plod helmet; some Zippos; Ray Bans (same pattern as Jack Nicholson's).........

.....do any of them comply as iconic?

20. Time for a car boot sale perhaps? :tongue:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information