Idea Of Value?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by comfysofa, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Hi - not sure how much its worth but ive inherited an Honda 400/4. My father passed away 5 months ago and while I thought he had sold it, I went to his house last night and found it tucked away in the garage under a sheet. Its not really the sort of bike I would use (I frequently had conversations with him about it) - but, as I say I thought he sold it but he hadn't. Its currently under a sheet so I don't have any pics but it had been completely restored back to original (yes it has the original pipe on there - he made a point of tell me he had it re-chromed). Its an old P reg and has approx. 3k miles on it (yes its genuine mileage) his mate bought it brand new years ago, lived in America and used it when he came over to visit so it got used once or twice a year, then he gave it to my dad (2nd owner I believe) - Oh - its a red one!

Ill be back there tomorrow cleaning out the garage so I may get some pics then if anyone wants to see them.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sorry to hear about your father.

400/4s are escalating in value as they seem to have become the new 'classic' 'flavour of the month' so much so. Classic Bike magazine is in the the process of restoring one, so you'll have a good barometer of values in their pages and classifieds. They're certainly not being given away any longer

Good luck with it

3. Great little bikes. Keep it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Thanks. I didn't used to see him that often but when we did meet we always had a good chat...Ive also got an MGBGT as well! an old M Reg one....which I never liked! told him that as well but he always liked them...I always thought they were slow, noisy (in a bad way) and didn't handle very well...I always told him to get shot of it but he never did...!

5. No room....got the hyper, RSV4 and a half built supermoto...! old classic stuff isn't really me....RD350LC is about as classic as id go...

6. They're quite a desirable classic. I suspect it will fetch a tidy sum.

7. Prices in Classic Bike range from £1400 for a nasty 'Cafe Racer' to £4500, with the majority hovering between £3500 to £3750, none of them with mileage as low as yours

8. whatever Exige offer you, its worth twice that ;) lol

9. Keep it, restore it in his honour and keep it in the house :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I'd keep it, a friend of mine had one for years because he loved it so much, he rode it sympathetically but the cam chain still played up which I think is the weak point on these bikes.

11. Yeah - but, as I say I haven't got the space - my step mum wants the garage cleaned - but in all fairness its a big double garage...the other thing is that my 2 brothers are not into bikes atall and don't want it. The mileage is true....ive never ever seen him ride it but the last time he used was to go up the local about 10 years ago...

12. I am told that one of the relatives on the other side of the family would like it - I would rather it stay in the family...ill take some photo's none the less - something interesting to look at - everyone likes photo's....

13. What about renting a garage and putting the MG and the Honda in there? I have two classic cars that I use very rarely and keep them in two rented garages, they are out of sight of prying eyes and I get to enjoy them when I do have the time.

14. Yeah - but id never drive them - I really wouldn't...ive got some sentimental stuff of his but its all small...watches, things like that...

15. Lovely little bikes, I hanker after another to this day and very much regret selling mine. Some pictures would be nice please, Red F1 with 3k on the clock, oh my!!

16. I think I may be a long lost relative!

A great bike used to have a yellow one, you'll be gutted if you don't keep it though.

17. Yea, and don't let all his smileys and winking fool you, shoehorn as much as you can out of the smug tight old scrote

18. Lovely bikes .
    Try and keep it in the family .
    Or if not use some if the money to maybe get something for the family as remembrance for the family .

19. No idea on value but fantastic little machines, a dream bike from my yoof :upyeah:

20. Let's see - Honda 400/4. That's the ladies model, isn't it?

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information