If money was no object................

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by El Toro, Aug 9, 2012.

1. ..................What bike would you buy and why?

2. Morning El Toro, I don't know if just one bike would be enough to do everything would it? I mean can you get a single bike that covers all bases? I guess the closest I could think of is the Multistrada, I haven't ridden the new version, but the old one was quite an eye opener when I test rode it, and if the pillion seat had been longer I would probably have bought it. If the new one has a better seat but has kept the wonderful handling etc then that would be my choice.

3. A magic bike that could travel through space and time...:biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  4. there wouldn't be just one...

Honda NR750
    Ducati 1098 / 1198
    keep the SS
    add an old carby SS prob about 92 model
    add a bevel SS
    Norton commando 961
    possibly something like a Pan European
    Norton F1 rotary

There would be many more....

5. I would buy the MV Ago won on (500ccm) if it was still around. I had the 350 electronica for a while cause I thought it looked the same but it didnt hit the mark

#5 Troy, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  6. Yamaha Morpho or Tesseract.

7. Id buy the ducati store!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  8. If money was no object I'd realistically have a fleet of bikes. But one money-no-object bike? Easy. The Honda NSR 500 V-4 - the ultimate 2-stroke GP bike, in the Hawaiian paintjob Rossi had for Mugello. The ultimate bike, in the coolest colour scheme.

2001_-_Honda_NSR_500_Nastro_Azzurro,_Mugello_GP.jpg

2001_-_Honda_NSR_500_Nastro_Azzurro,_Mugello_GP.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. A Desmo, I guess. About the most exclusive thing you could have (barring famous racing bikes).

10. Wow...as many have said, I'd not stop in single figures if money was no object...but if I had the spare cash the first bike I'd buy would be a pristine original RD500LC in the iconic red/white/blue paint job. I rode my mate's when i was 17 and I thought it was incredible. Nowadays it would clearly feel lame, slow, with brakes and swingarm made out of balsa wood, but I'd love to have one.

11. Yamasaki

12. Morini 3 1/2 Sport, if only cos I've always wanted one.

• Like Like x 1
  13. If you won a tenner on the lottery you could afford that.

14. A new Multistrada for my other half (who currently rides something green and Japanese, loved the Multistrada engine when he test-rode one but couldn't justify spending £15k on a bike).

15. Money no object, well i couldn't keep it to just one bike but for starters....

Paul smarts Imola bike.
    A Genuine Tony Rutter F2
    My stolen 748R back !!!
    A Britten
    One of the original Luccinelli 851's

16. I would have a bike handmade just for me, with all the dimensions to suit my size, and adjustable everything to suit my riding mood on the day.

17. I rode the 500 once, was going to buy it, thought better of it in the end, no regrets, 3 1/2's do have that appeal tho ...

18. As many have said, 1 bike not enough.

I would get a Bimota db5 and a Bimota tesi 3d.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Would be a NSR 500, Britten and ooou I could go on for half an hour especially with this weeks Euro Million......

20. Probably an NCR built to my spec. like this. 04.jpg

132 bhp and 135kg. What's not to like?

04.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information